Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A mate of mine has who owns a Honda :)tut: ), has had problems before with bog standard supermarket fuel ( diesel & petrol).

He mentioned to me about Shell's Diesel V-Power.

Anyone got any ideas of its suitability for a 159 2.4JTD Q4 ti?:)

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Iv'e tried it in mine and it definitely runs better, but not as well as standard diesel with some Millers Power Sport 4 in.

G

·
I've got a free bottle of Millers from a guy at work and I can't notice the slightest bit of difference. It's all hype in my experience, I could kid myself it's smoother and faster but to be honest, it's not.

Save your money

·
Registered
733 Posts
A mate of mine has who owns a Honda :)tut: ), has had problems before with bog standard supermarket fuel ( diesel & petrol).

He mentioned to me about Shell's Diesel V-Power.

Anyone got any ideas of its suitability for a 159 2.4JTD Q4 ti?:)
Seems to me that this isn't an uncommon problem. I'm not suggesting that supermarket fuel has anything wrong with it, but if you have any fuel related problems, that's the most likely reason, additives like detergents etc are cut to the bone for Tesco and the like. When I took my last car (Saab diesel) back to the dealer after an MPG drop, first thing he asked me was where I'd been filling up. After a can full of something or other, my car was restored to health within 10 miles, and I've been avoiding supermarket fuel ever since. When abroad, I mainly use Aral Super, or the French equivalent of BP or Shell's super diesel. The Saab guy told me that an occasional fill with the better fuel did the same thing as a can of additive, but although I think it may have helped MPG and performance, I wouldn't swear to that. The Saab had a virtually identical engine to my current 159, though it does seem a bit livelier in the Alfa. My Wife would probably say the same about me though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts