Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nothing is definite yet, but there is a chance that I might have to sell my car. :cry:

After a fairly major change of financial circumstances for my other half it’s a last option after selling a kidney that I might have to pursue. As I’m sure you can imagine after the time effort and money that has gone into building my dream car I am heart broken at even having to think about it.

The problem that I have is what it is worth? These come up so rarely, in fact MattyB’s is the only one that I can think of in recent times that has changed hands, and he has already given me some good advice, but I wanted to throw it out to you guys to see what the general consensus is. I have a figure in mind which I will keep to myself for the time being as I would appreciate peoples honest opinions.

It should be noted as well that the car registered as a Cat D for a hydro-locked engine, but as this is the main component that has been replaced it would seem to nullify this somewhat, but I know that there are many out there who wouldn’t touch a Cat D, and it is always a badge that this car will wear.

Its black, and has done 71K but is my daily driver and will go up, but has done 11k miles since the conversion.
Here is a list of what I have had done.

Full 3.8 conversion, with lightened and balanced internals
Full custom Re map
KW V2’s
Q2
Eibach ARB
Cat back wizard system
Wizard one off prototype equal length front pipes (may sell these separately)
330’s with PF Pads & Braided hoses
Alfastumper strut brace

Cosmetic bits
OZ wave 18’s
Chrome intake pipe
Satin effect wing mirrors
Kenwood Double Din Sat Nav with Ipod connector
Fully powder coated engine bay and calipers.
Black and Gray interior

The other option would be to break it, but after taking so long to build the car, I’m not sure I could face the prospect of seeing it dismantled. But I realize that fully broken in 3.8 could sell pretty well on it’s own.

I think I have got about 2-3months before I have to make a final decision, but I would be interested to know what you all think.

·
Vendor
45,754 Posts
Don't sell it, you'll make Sam cry :(

·
Vendor
45,754 Posts
Is MattyB not interested? He was looking for a black one I think to replace his RS2..

C

·
0 Posts
Mine's cat D for a similar reason. Are you aware of any way to get it removed from the register? It's a right PITA finding insurance to cover mine as a lot of insurance co's write into their policy they won't pay out if they find it's a cat d (or above) and that it's your own responsibility to check it...:rant:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
As mentioned Dan, sad state of affairs :( One thing to sell it if you're looking at moving on, its another if your hand is forced.

And as stunning as Dans is, it's not within my budget...

Mine's cat D for a similar reason. Are you aware of any way to get it removed from the register?
Can't be done - you can get it VOSA (?) Inspected or similar, and they tag it as being as such, but I doubt its worth it, you'll never lose the Cat D tag unfortunately.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I reckon it's worth 12k, but as they say only if someone is willing to pay, there was the red low mileage autolusso conversion that was up for 12k and I haven't seen it still for sale and yours is a much higher spec. I personally love 156 gtas, and 147 isn't practical for me.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Really bad news if you have to sell mate :(

I remember seeing it at Ned's from the initial development and it's been great to see the work that's gone into it.

You'd never get what it's really worth but you might be lucky and find someone who appreciates what's gone into it. I'd like to think that with that spec it'd be worth £14k to the right buyer.

Breaking it may be a more certain way of realising a sensible sum for all the bits but I'm not sure I could do that either.

Anyway. Hope your circumstances change and it doesn't come to this.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts