Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think its obvious that most of us seem to quite "like" each other. I then think that most of us find that a really strange concept as we have never met each other but yet we seem to have quite clear images of each other in our head!

So I've had an idea Why don't we all meet up for a curry!

I know this is ambius but almost every body I have spoken to on the telephone seems to have suggested that it would be quite cool to have a meet.

So here is my Idea.... Pick a good pub in the middle of Britain (I.E.Yorkshire) and all the people who want to turn up.... turn up!

I don't know about the cars themselves I would be a SOOOOO cool to see 10 166's in a car park. however if people want to car share or use cheaper methods of transport that might mean there will be more of us there.

I'm think of the second weekend in November ( Saturday 8th) Because the second weekend of November sounds so dull none of you can have anything planned!

then we will find ourselves nervously saying things like "You know I didn't picture you as an 18 stone bank robber"

so who would be up for it? :D

Stuart

·
Registered
908 Posts
Re: Shall we meet?

Ive thought about this for a while. A meeting of 166's would be cooler than the coolest cool thing! Its an ambitious meet though! I would be up for it but isn't Birmingham the middle?:thumbs:

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Ive thought about this for a while. A meeting of 166's would be cooler than the coolest cool thing! Its an ambitious meet though! I would be up for it but isn't Birmingham the middle?:thumbs:
You see its kind of a marketing thing. I mentioned Yorkshire because most people then think the word "dales" and then there minds drift off on the thought of whisking there 166's across the beautiful country side.

When people say "Birmingham" I think "that blasted eBay seller has not posted my locking nuts yet" which would be a must for visiting birmingham!

Actually when I think about it I better get locking nuts if I'm meeting up with you lot because your the only people who have cars that will fit the wheels! :D

·
Registered
1,854 Posts

Your right Stu we should all meet up and go for a curry :) i would happyily bring my new 166 up on a road trip - but it will take a lot of planning. if it was in Yorkshire it would be nice to make a weekend of it for people who have traveled a long way.

·
AO Member, 166/164 Lounge Winner 09
820 Posts

The middle of Britain might be a bit far for me to travel, sadly :(

·
Registered
10,915 Posts

Ok then AGM whats hlafway between John O Groats and Melbourne....Iran or the Maldives?

Now that would be a run.

Pomeo.....

Ps stu I still have the menu for the Indian I stopped in near Skipton when I bought Pomeo...Ah the memories.

Pomeo.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Ok then AGM whats hlafway between John O Groats and Melbourne....Iran or the Maldives?

Now that would be a run.

Pomeo.....

Ps stu I still have the menu for the Indian I stopped in near Skipton when I bought Pomeo...Ah the memories.

Pomeo.
That could be a really cool place to meet for that reason. was it a good curry house? Could you scan the menu on the the Internet so we can order in advance? :D (would be good to see there faces when they realise we are ordering food that was taken off the menu 4 years ago! :D

Your right Stu we should all meet up and go for a curry :) i would happyily bring my new 166 up on a road trip - but it will take a lot of planning. if it was in Yorkshire it would be nice to make a weekend of it for people who have traveled a long way.
Probably some of us would have to but if we over cook the idea then it will start to look expensive. My aim is to get everybody together and as many 166's as possible! That's why I suggested York it has good train links.

we will half to see how many people are interested.

Sorry AGM155

Cheers Stuart

·
Registered
10,915 Posts

That could be a really cool place to meet for that reason. was it a good curry house? Could you scan the menu on the the Internet so we can order in advance? :D (would be good to see there faces when they realise we are ordering food that was taken off the menu 4 years ago! :D
I was so hungry after leaving Glasgow and negotiating the deal....or con as it turned out....and I was starving....a light in the darkness beckoned....i had onion bhagie and chicken patia with a paratha......BUT it was an English chicken patia and paratha ...the chicken patia was like a chicken madras and the paratha was like a poori....(But as I like Madras too I just scooped it)(......but I am so fed up with Indians...6 times in the last week and feel the need for a change....What's aPakistani curry like?:cheese:

4 years ago:cheese: same food just different restaurant name.

My aim is to get everybody together and as many 166's as possible! That's why I suggested York it has good train links.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
166 on rails...now that is lateral thinking.

AIM.....Reminds me of a sign in a toilet above a urinal...Not that I am suggesting that you are talking a lot of fish STu..

"We aim to please.....You aim too please."

Pomeo

·
Registered
1,815 Posts

Yeah, that's right. How about the middle of Europe, say...Berlin :lol:

·
Registered
10,915 Posts

Woo Hoo Party at Tony's place! :p :D
Brilliant...Just need to wait till the run resurrects the hoilday in europe including the ferry crossing for £19.50.pp.

Then I can get a middle section of an exhaust for pomeo and if i take the new rear section i can dump the old exhaust in europe. City linking eh?

Pomeo

·
Registered
1,815 Posts

And you could hit the Autobahns and get yer toe down without fear of the PC Plod ;).

·
Registered
26,529 Posts

I might be up for a meet !

·
Registered
6,165 Posts

Lets make some dates!!!................ I like the idea of a curry house tho! But it has to be the best!

·
Registered
26,529 Posts

Fussy sod !! :lol:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts