Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We haven't done much this year apart from breakfast so what say we bring back an old favourite and have an evening pub meal somewhere?

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Sounds good. Works 'do' on the 18th of Dec and another car club on the 29th of November.
Another sounds good to me. :)

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
What a jolly good idea for a get together. I think Happy's meet at the Whipping Stocks (?) near Mangos one Christmas was my first AONW meet.

·
Registered
9,493 Posts
I'm off to Tenerife at beginning of December until Boxing Day, but if anything is arranged after then I could be up for it. Otherwise, have a good do, guys! :)

·
Registered
22,761 Posts
Sounds good to me, hopefully the paperwork will be sorted out and I'll be in The Big Cat.

Round up of the last few Xmas meals,

Whipping Stocks - Went from OK to not so Good.
Belmont Arms - Nice place, dried out old birds.
Romper - Good do and grub, also Tunnels.
Grey Mare - Not been for an Xmas do, but last meets there had nice food.

For those who like the Peak District The Hanging Gate At Chapel is an illuminating venue at Xmas time.

·
63,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Romper is a half decent shout

·
63,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Near Manchester airport

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Reactions: Mr Dunamis

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
There's only one weekend left.

I'll reprise the Sunday coffee and bacon butty to welcome the denuded but nicely painted Bertie home if there's interest for early new year.

We could even put up the big top if it isn't windy.

PS it'd have to be the first couple of weekends as I'm away most of the back end of the month with work.

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Unless it's organised quickly this side of Christmas is looking unlikely for us. I'll just keep an eye on here.
Good 'ole bacon or sausage sarni at the Barn or that other place (Bashall is it?) would be good too.
Jim your idea sounds grand too.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts