Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Liking the way the new car drives - up to 600 miles already :)

However, there is a rattle from the drivers door. Notice at country road speed but strangely disappears on the motorway speeds.

My dilemma is whether to unleash the dealer which may well cause more rattles or to hoipe it disappears!!

My second Alfa - I should have learnt.........

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Unleash the dealer. It will not get better and since you are aware of it your paranoia will only get worse as time passes. The dealer could never find the rattle I had which only occurred in dry weather. :devious: Every time I prebooked a visit to get it fixed it started raining on the way there. However the wind noise from the exterior mirror has got worse, and now masked the original rattle, over the last twelve months (the car is 5 years old) but not so bad I have had to resort to taping the join as has been suggested elsewhere in this lounge.

I

·
0 Posts
Unleash the dealer. It will not get better and since you are aware of it your paranoia will only get worse as time passes. The dealer could never find the rattle I had which only occurred in dry weather. :devious: Every time I prebooked a visit to get it fixed it started raining on the way there. However the wind noise from the exterior mirror has got worse, and now masked the original rattle, over the last twelve months (the car is 5 years old) but not so bad I have had to resort to taping the join as has been suggested elsewhere in this lounge.
I had a rattle from drivers door area could never pin point exactly were it was, it was extremely annoying and distracting. Had a rattle from top of the dashboard push down compartment, I stuck on some velvet stick on pad things around the edge were it closed seemed to sort it out.

·
Registered
170 Posts
On my G the two hard plastic panels on the sides of the console (which get covered when you close the doors) vibrate. The noise (more a buzz) is very sensitive to the road surface. I have temporarily fixed it by pushing cardboard wedges between the panels and the body structure.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
On my G the two hard plastic panels on the sides of the console (which get covered when you close the doors) vibrate. The noise (more a buzz) is very sensitive to the road surface. I have temporarily fixed it by pushing cardboard wedges between the panels and the body structure.
I had a similar thing on only the drivers side. When I preseed the panel it stopped.

Suprising the dealer fixed it!

Mine is a 65 plate GQV
:biglaugh:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have something of a surreal update. The Managing director of the dealer replied to my email and asked me to being the car in on Saturday. They said that the window regulator cassette was loose so replaced that. However, there are several scratches, the door card leather trim has been damaged and the electric window switches are at an angle, completely a bodge job. Original rattle still there. Just closing the door gives a tinny sound. Absolutely no quality control from Saturdays work. I was ready to formally reject the car.

Brought the car back last night, the service manager initially was not interested in seeing the problems I have, blaming me for making the dealer do a bodge job by coming in on a Saturday, despite this being at the invitation of his MD. He was more interested in rhetoric and semantics. I honestly think he was shocked and disappointed in the failure of processes and staff competence but was too busy taking out his frustration onto me, the customer who has just bought a brand new car from his dealership. He made me rather annoyed and angry – he needs to have a good hard look at his behaviours and why he annoyed his new customer so much.
He has however agreed that the work on Saturday is totally sub-standard, and promised to replace the entire door card and investigate and resolve the rattle.

Not a good start to the long-term relationship I was hoping to build with the dealer as part of the ownership experience. I feel very badly let down by both the skill-set and attitude.

Will report back when hopefully in show-room condition, otherwise I will be looking into formally rejecting.
Incidentally, there are no messages on the phone system that calls are recorded. Bizarrely the dealer told me all calls are and he has listened to every recording – Is this legal?? Most odd. I never had this hassle when owning a Ford!

·
Registered
17 Posts
When i first bought my G i noticed a rattle near the driver side door, after about a month it disappeared. Half a year later i still haven't heard it, strange.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts