Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

As some of your know I'm off to the Seychelles for two weeks at the end of may. Given the recent turmoils in my private life which you've all been so supportive about, I hope it's time away that'll do me good.

Thing is I'm so up to my eyes learning music for the concerts I'll be doing whilst I'm over there that I'm neglecting simple things like what I should expect when I'm out there.

Anyone been there before and got any decent advice for me? I don't even know what voltage they run on and whether I can take electricals with me!!

Thanks,
Jon :)

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
I can't remember the voltage,think it was 220,not too sure.Make sure you take some flippers and a good pair of underwater goggles.The good makes there are very pricey,much cheaper in the UK.Take the highest no.sunblock with and a hat...:)
Stay away from the hotel resorts,they are typical tourist trappings.Rent your own little jeep and go and explore.
You are going to love it!:)

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Watch out for the bikinis! They can make a man faint at 50 paces! :eek:;)
Seriously though, have a great time :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
I went to the Seychelles in July 2005 for my honeymoon. We stayed in Le Meridien Fisherman's cove. The capital of Mahe (largest island)Victoria is only the size of a small town, but has all the amenities you would expect.

While we were there we took a twin otter flight from Mahe to Praslin and then a ferry ride to La Digue. La Digue only had 5 vehicles on it, rest were ox and cart and bikes. Well worth a visit if you get a chance.

Native fruit, coco de mer looks like a ladies bits, and the markets sell them painted with bikinis!

Giant tortoise population is about 150 000, more than people.

Electrics are 3 pin 240v same as at home.

The currency is seychelles rupee.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts