Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,

ass you know my car is getting a overhall...i am sure i have seen posts about settings of the engine, such as compretion, etc etc.

could some friendly soul tell me where this info is, or where i can get it. The more the merrier.

thank you

Nicholas

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found the compretion 10:1, but i need a lot more detalils. The mech is pulling out the entier engine and putting it back..gives me the creeps, just thinking about it. He has done it several times on GTV`s and 164`s, but only one time on a 155, and that was a 1.8 TS.

SCARY!
eek!

N

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hopefully you will have a good motor when he has finished. are there many 155 where you are? wot are the alfa dealers like out there?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I saw something on stuff for sale where a guy said he had a full set of 155 workshop manuals etc which had spawned a thousand copies I would say he is your man to contact. Why not invite JB to Panama for his honeymoon.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In Panama there are five 155`s including mine, many 146 and 164`s, most popular is the GTV.. I have even seen q few 75.

The main dealers are ass holes, well, that they are all over the world i guess ha ha ha ha.

yep, i hope to have a great engine ones this night mare is over, now i will NOT sell my car. I just buy something else when i have the $$$ and save the 155 for my son, he is 3 years old, so in 15 years the 155 will be a real classic. :D

I have to ask the mech, exactly what he needs, problem is, he only knows the names in spanish.

thanks

Nick

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well,

engine parts are $250 roughly, but the labour cost is $650.

N

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not sure exactly wot the exchange rate is but for the work you are having done it does not seem too bad, although I find spending any amount of money is painfull.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
exactly my feelings too.

therefore, once the car is done, and i sell my apartment,i will buy a brand new car,a nd give the 155 to the wife.. :)

Dont tell anyone, but i am seriously thinking about a Subaru WRX Sport Wagon, LOTS of fun for not to much $$$. I just want a brand new car, i have had second hand all my life.

Nick

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you know the scooby needs serviced every 6000 miles (~10000km) and is NOT cheap !!!!

Marlon

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, that is true,

but in the 1.5 years i have had my 155, i have spent about $2000 on it, and there are still things to come, and NONE is upgrades, all of it are things that broke.

Anyway, doesnt look like a WRX either, they dont import the Sport Wagon to PAnama, just the sedan.

So know i have NO IDEA what to do.. :(

N

1 - 13 of 13 Posts