Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a 2005 166TS
The ICS is working currently but the screen is dark so can only just make out what it is saying using a torch.
I would like to try and read the ICS code from the working system using the hidden settings menu so that I can take the ICS out and try to fix the broken inverter or similar as described in threads here.
I tried the keypress sequences mentioned here like "Clima+Dark" and "hold right round button for 5 seconds" etc and I got into a settings menu that allowed me change things like mpg and l/km but couldn't find the setting related to ICS codes.
I assume the unit in 2005 is a 2580 rather than the 2569 also which means that I can't get the code from the serial number. Is this correct?
Also, does anyone know if this unit would be a G2 or a G3 or how can I tell?
The unit has the SIM card slot and the phone button on the right and says "Navigation not available" when it is selected.
Any ideas on how to find this code from the menus?
Thanks for your help :)

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS
5,168 Posts
If 2005 reg then its a G3 sat nav and its only some ICS units which display the code, (but know body knows why)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Do you know is ICS mentioned in the top level settings menu? (This would verify that mine is one of the units that will not display the code rather than that I am looking or it in the wrong place!)
For a 2580 unit that will not display the code then there is nothing to do except try and find out from Alfa Romeo dealer what the codes are, is that right?
Unfortunately I got the car with absolutely no paperwork except the registration certificate and even the numberplates don't show which garage sold the car originally so I am starting from scratch trying to dig out these codes!

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS
5,168 Posts
The sequence is press climate and hold, then press dark if no code is shown at this stage its to the dealer.:(

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gave that a try and no joy on the unit in my car unfortunately.
I did have a look around and found an old bit of plastic taped onto the bottom of the cd changer and in it was an "Ident-Karte" with two numbers on it
An 8 digit alphanumeric called Geráte Nr. and an 8 digit number called Serial No.
Do you know if these are any use as codes for the ICS and SatNav?

Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gave that a try and no joy on the unit in my car unfortunately.
I did have a look around and found an old bit of plastic taped onto the bottom of the cd changer and in it was an "Ident-Karte" with two numbers on it
An 8 digit alphanumeric called Geráte Nr. and an 8 digit number called Serial No.
Do you know if these are any use as codes for the ICS and SatNav?

Thanks

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS
5,168 Posts
The code is only four digits long, try the first four or last four numbers of each, you never know it might work.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll keep the card handy in case I disconnect it but I will probably choose to keep the ICS active for now until I blow a fuse or get a flat battery which means I have to input the code. Better a dark screen and a working radio/cd than nothing! Especially with the great speakers I have now in my new Alfa :)
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll keep the card handy in case I disconnect it but I will probably choose to keep the ICS active for now until I blow a fuse or get a flat battery which means I have to input the code. Better a dark screen and a working radio/cd than nothing! Especially with the great speakers I have now in my new Alfa :)
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
120 Posts
I phoned Mangoletsi in Knutsford and for a fee of £18ish they sent me a list of details, Ignition key number, Immobilisor number, and radio code.
It was after my engine rebuild and battery disconnection, and a few days later I found a card with the radio code on under a flap on the drivers sun visor!!
Might be worth a try.

Paul.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, I'm in Ireland but I'll give them a call anyway and I've no idea what dealer over here sold the car!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
P.S. pw2112 did your radio code card have a 4 digit number on it? I found the radio code card alright but it only has an 8 digit number?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yes it has a 4 digit number under a heading "CODE" and a 12 digits and 2 letters under a heading "SERIAL NO"
it says "CODE CARD ICS" on the card. It is made of thin silver plastic.

If your card says IDENT-KARTE on and has Gerate Nr and Serial No on it and is made of card it's not the one you need.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks again. I gave them a call this morning so hopefully they can come up with the goods for an Irish registered car!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts