Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all!

I posted this in the Mito forum as well, but thought there might be a bright spark in here who could help too!

I am considering replacing the head unit on my 2013 Mito. I currently have the standard uconnect system, but am looking to fit a new Kenwood system (DAB, Android auto etc etc). It got me to thinking though; obviously I will lose access to the settings menu from the uconnect, and whilst I can live with not being able to change whether the doors lock automatically, daylight running lights etc, it would be useful to be able to set the time every time the clocks change!

I know on the previous pre-uconnect Mitos the time was set through the dash menu, but I don't remember seeing that as an option on the newer ones. Can it be done with an OBD2 connector? I did have a quick chat with a car audio installer, but they didn't have an answer to hand.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
7,531 Posts
usually when you change the standard radio, after a proxy alignment settings revert back to setting via dash

·
Premium Member
7,531 Posts
Jwq, thanks for the reply. If that is the case then that's ideal. I found this thread: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa...ermarket-solution.html#/topics/1077505?page=2 - I'm guessing the process for the mito is pretty similar to the giulietta?
yeah, basically it's removing the old radio, doing (or having done) a proxy alignment by dealer or DIY with f.i. MES (MultiEcuScan Multiecuscan - Diagnostics software for Italian cars ) and placing new radio, easiest using a CAN bus adapter, f.i. from connects, but not strictly necessary.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perfect, so it's:

1: Remove uconnect
2: Proxy alignment
3: Install new head unit, with the additional adapters (CAN bus, steering wheel control etc etc).

Would I need to then do another proxy alignment or no need? Seems simple enough though!

Thanks a lot for your answers, much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
7,531 Posts
Perfect, so it's:

1: Remove uconnect
2: Proxy alignment
3: Install new head unit, with the additional adapters (CAN bus, steering wheel control etc etc).

Would I need to then do another proxy alignment or no need? Seems simple enough though!

Thanks a lot for your answers, much appreciated.
no, aftermarket radio does not require proxy alignment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts