Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there! So, I bought this blue MiTo 1.3 2010 petrol in November 2015, with 72500 miles. It's last MoT and service was in March 2015. I need to take my car to MoT test and I want to change the oil and filters as well, I don't really have so much knowledge about cars so I don't want to be ripped of by the garage. I have already made 2000 miles with it and I haven't really had any issues (just a creaking noise from the right front wheel I think, but is not constant; It happened a few times only). What my question is, what servicing will it need? Here's a list with what was changed and when:

1. 15/10/2011 - 19,302 Miles: oil, pollen filter (+ 5lo40 ? i can't understand the writting)
2. 12/11/2013 - 41,514 Miles: oil + filter change, cambelt
3. 21/03/2014 - 52,245 Miles: oil, air, pollen filters, front discs and pads (+5lo40 again ? )
4. 14/03/2015 - 71,738 Miles: mot, air, oil, pollen, plugs
:readit:

What will need to be changed? I want to go there with some confidence, so I won't find myself with a huge bill. Thank you!

·
Registered
9,339 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
One thing important that seems to be missing from the previous services is the spark plugs.. They should be changed every 18k but they changed them only once at 71k!! Now you need to change the brake fluid.

I would advise also you to change the gearbox oil now (or every 36k) end the engine water (with the same type - pink colour or every 54k). These are not stated nowhere in the manual by Alfa Romeo BUT i think they should be done.

Alfa Romeo suggests to change the air filter every 36k but i do it every 18k. The service intervals are every 18k on Mito.

Check the manual for details about the service plan. Don't you have one??

·
Registered
439 Posts
The recommended oil for 1.4 MultiAir since 2014 is now Selenia 0W/30 Digitek PE ACEA C2. The earlier MultiAir was 5W/40 PE ACEA C3.
Check your online handbook on Fiat eLUM for a change to that stated in your hard copy that came with the car..
This is the same as the 105 TwinAir and Giulietta 170MA.
The question as to why Alfa hasn't informed owners of these cars of the recommended change is beyond me as it would affect the 3 year warranty.

·
Registered
344 Posts
The recommended oil for 1.4 MultiAir since 2014 is now Selenia 0W/30 Digitek PE ACEA C2. The earlier MultiAir was 5W/40 PE ACEA C3.
Check your online handbook on Fiat eLUM for a change to that stated in your hard copy that came with the car..
This is the same as the 105 TwinAir and Giulietta 170MA.
The question as to why Alfa hasn't informed owners of these cars of the recommended change is beyond me as it would affect the 3 year warranty.
I thought the change was for the Euro 6 engines? E.g. if you download the manual for the 2013 mitos it still says 5w40 C3 for the 1.4 petrol/turbo MA - it's only the twinair that has 0w30 C2 specified in that year.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Ah - I wasn't sure if you meant: "the recommended oil since 2014 for the 1.4 Multiair" (i.e. they changed the recommendation for all 1.4 MA) or "the recommended oil for 1.4 Multiair produced since 2014" - I'd read it the first way!

So Alfa issued handbooks for the Euro 6 engined cars in 2014 with the old oil recommendations?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts