Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: I'm about to have to entrust my beloved GT to a dealer for its first service but have heard no end of tales of how bad the Alfa dealer network is. Surely it's not that bad? If it is, can anyone recommend either a dealer or an independant in the Northants/Warwicks/Buckinghamshire area for servicing? Cheers, Ian

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Would these guys be near enough for you to use ??

Alfa Workshop

:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If they're good then it's probably worth the drive! Do you know if they do courtesy cars? Thanks

·
Registered
890 Posts
Days MK might be an option. They're in Milton Keynes. I've taken my car there a couple of times. They are nice (if slightly patronising), offer fixed price servicing, 35 quid an hour labour, and free courtesy car.

Unfortunatley, after they did my cluch change, I subsequently found one missing and one loose bolt on the starter motor. But that's probably an isolated incident, right?

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
If they're good then it's probably worth the drive! Do you know if they do courtesy cars? Thanks
They (Jamie I believe it is who runs AlfaWorkshop) seem to get good write-ups here dude but as I haven't used them personnally I could say about courtesy cars !! Sorry !! :(

Linky

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Funnily enough, just got in after dropping off the 147 there for repair to some badger damage. Got a nice 156 as a courtesy car. There's Alfa's of all ages and types parked up, but another customer dropped off at the same time as me a gorgeous v6 GT with 18" wheels :inlove:.

Anyway... Well respected on the forum (do a forum search on Jamie Porter), but his popularity means that it's always a good idea to book well in advance.

Sounds like you've already sussed it, but the block exemption regulations mean that there's no imperative to go to a dealer (in many cases there's an imperative not to go to one ;)) to get your Alfa serviced whilst still under warranty.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:) Thanks guys. Just phoned Jamie and got a slot Wednesday morning due to a cancellation. Too short notice for courtesy car of course, so I'll have a few hours to kill in Royston!!!:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts