Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a reputable Alfa servicing centre in Lanarkshire? As close to motherwell as possible. Indy or Franchise, doesn't really matter.

My car is sitting on 55k miles, but is due a service. I replaced the sparks myself about 8k miles ago, so they don't need done. But I think I should get the belts changed while I'm at it.

Can anyone tell me of a good place, and a rough idea of prices?

:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are the good value for money? I've heard him mentioned before, but wasn't sure how his pricing compared to a franchised dealer?

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
are the good value for money? I've heard him mentioned before, but wasn't sure how his pricing compared to a franchised dealer?
Goes without saying - see STF comments above. As for comparing with a franchised stealer - way cheaper, more honest and better standard of work too. He can also handle warranty work too as he is fully Alfa trained. No brainer really. Honestly - strongly recommended. He should have - and is deserving of - trader status on here.
Another one I used (before I knoew of the existence of CM) was Castlecary Motor Company in Westfield, Cumbernauld. Also very, very good. A good indy is worth his weight in gold.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
I will have to unreccomend CM garage as 3 weeks after my wifes car was serviced and MOT'd the car is now stranded as the rear pads as right through to the metal and have chewed up the disc.

......just found out 15 minutes after they shut.

Not a very thorough inspection then.

To be fair though, called them out of hours and they promised to investigate.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I will have to unreccomend CM garage as 3 weeks after my wifes car was serviced and MOT'd the car is now stranded as the rear pads as right through to the metal and have chewed up the disc.

Blimey. Big boo'boo by Chick and the boys. Anyway ' at least he is investigating it and Iàm sure heàll see you OK.

CJ - I am going up there tomorrow myself if you need transport or help in any way. Drop me a line or give me a call )you should have my number but if not PM me either here on on 156.net and I will liase with you:thumbs:

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Thanks Mate, I seen you today outside Peckams (on the single yellow ;-) ) I was the one grinding to a loud halt in the 147!

GT looking good on the teledials by the way.

He is going to pick the car up if theyre at fault, would be better if you were going on saturday!

Probably just too many new staff at the moment and a particular mechanic needing his *** kicked.

If its a good result I will say so, its best to judge people by the way they rectify mistakes, as everyone does at some point!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Thanks Mate, I seen you today outside Peckams (on the single yellow ;-) ) I was the one grinding to a loud halt in the 147!

GT looking good on the teledials by the way.

He is going to pick the car up if theyre at fault, would be better if you were going on saturday!

Probably just too many new staff at the moment and a particular mechanic needing his *** kicked.

If its a good result I will say so, its best to judge people by the way they rectify mistakes, as everyone does at some point!

Yup that was me :eek: - and thanks for the thumbs up. I do think it looks rather ace if I say so myself. Polybush and GTA anti roll bars plus a service tomorrow. We'll see how it goes.

Agree wholeheartedly with the last comment incidentally. Mistakes do happen, it'show they're sorted that makes the difference

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok well here goes, I'm gonna try and limp my GTV along to him tomorrow see if he can't help me.
Here's hoping for a good experience (and not too expensive!!)

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very good so far... fault diagnosed :)

Chick seems like a good guy and he's actively trying to save me money by advising me that he'd fit a ball joint that I supply if i can find one on my own - as Alfa and all the motor factors only supply the joint with a complete arm (thus potentially costing a fortune).

Will give it till the jobs done before reviewing properly, but the early signs are great!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've found it already mate. It's the ball joint for the nearside rear upper suspension arm.

·
Registered
10,958 Posts
Very good so far... fault diagnosed :)

Chick seems like a good guy and he's actively trying to save me money by advising me that he'd fit a ball joint that I supply if i can find one on my own - as Alfa and all the motor factors only supply the joint with a complete arm (thus potentially costing a fortune).

Will give it till the jobs done before reviewing properly, but the early signs are great!
seems:wow:

Chick IS a good guy. I am talking from years of experience.

The only better mechanic, for those auld enough to ken better ken, is Chic Cherry.;):D:lol:

Pomeo

Chic how's aboot that tool.Just aboot to remind you again.
Memory like an auld hen ah say memory like an auld hen:cheese:

·
Registered
120 Posts

it's not Chick that dose the MOT so you can't really blame him for that...

·
Registered
52 Posts
hello there,chick rebuilt my engine after my timing belt went,new valves, shell bearings etc,a year later my 147s going great at 99000 miles,i could not recomment him highly enough.

·
Registered
129 Posts
definetely recommend CM garage in EK. had an engine rebuilt after my cambelt went too, incl all 16valves. knows his stuff. £45 an hour labour now i think

1 - 20 of 24 Posts