Alfa Romeo Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Roughly how much is a brake fluid change?

Having read the service schedule I really cant see even how they can charge £150

Checking windows and tyre pressures are not exactly the realm of "experts" only!

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Right, invoice now to hand. Sorry I have taken so long to reply.

18K service incl oil change = £266.22 the labour element is £127.97 incl VAT
Brake Fluid change = £29.00 the labour element is £22.32 incl VAT

I would think that the brake fluid change is just the extra time while the car was on the lift for the service. Given the service time, in the handbook is 1.40 hrs it would seem they allowed for 0.25hr for the brake fluid change

·
Premium Member
42,855 Posts
I'm a little confused about what / when my Giulietta needs it's next service?

I've covered about 12K miles since I aquired the car and the milage is 27.5K. When I purchased the car from the main dealers @ 16.5K miles they did an oil and filter change.

Recieved a letter from them a couple of weeks back reminding me that it was due a service. I phoned them for a quote and was told £145 incl VAT for a pollen filter change and general check over etc.

In the opinion of those on AO here whom are much more knowledgable on such matters, is the above service all that is required?

Normally I would expect to change the oil annually as a minimum.

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
I'm a little confused about what / when my Giulietta needs it's next service?

I've covered about 12K miles since I aquired the car and the milage is 27.5K. When I purchased the car from the main dealers @ 16.5K miles they did an oil and filter change.

Recieved a letter from them a couple of weeks back reminding me that it was due a service. I phoned them for a quote and was told £145 incl VAT for a pollen filter change and general check over etc.

In the opinion of those on AO here whom are much more knowledgable on such matters, is the above service all that is required?

Normally I would expect to change the oil annually as a minimum.
What engine have you got, and how long have you had the car?

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Right, invoice now to hand. Sorry I have taken so long to reply.

18K service incl oil change = £266.22 the labour element is £127.97 incl VAT
Brake Fluid change = £29.00 the labour element is £22.32 incl VAT

I would think that the brake fluid change is just the extra time while the car was on the lift for the service. Given the service time, in the handbook is 1.40 hrs it would seem they allowed for 0.25hr for the brake fluid change
Thanks for that. Similar price to my quote then, though not sure what the differences are between the MA and the MJ at the first service...?

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
The main difference seems to be that the 1.4 petrol engine includes an oil change at 18K or 24 months unless mainly city driving or less than 6K when it should be changed every 12 months
while the 1.75 petrol is stated as
The engine oil and the oil filter must be changed when the instrument panel warning light comes on or in any case every 12 months.
and the diesel is stated as
The engine oil and oil filter should be changed when the warning light on the dashboard comes on, or every 24 months.

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
So if they did an oil change 12 months and 12k miles ago then you dont need an oil change. You will need an oil change when the car tells you it does (variable oil change)

It requires the service every 2 years (or 21k miles). If the car was 1yr old when you bought it then it will require a service. If not then it wont

·
Premium Member
42,855 Posts
So if they did an oil change 12 months and 12k miles ago then you dont need an oil change. You will need an oil change when the car tells you it does (variable oil change)

It requires the service every 2 years (or 21k miles). If the car was 1yr old when you bought it then it will require a service. If not then it wont

Ok thanks for that :)

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
No probs. I am clued up as been reading about it recently.

Its a pain I think. The Bravo had 18k mile interval for service and oil and that was easy!

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
As far as I can see brake fluid is every 24 months.

Once you understand the layout, and footnotes, the tables in the service book seem quite clear as what needs doing when.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi mate I have same G as you, live in Bedford nearest dealer to me motorvogue Northampton quoted me £433+vat for oil an filter JOKE OR WHAT. found a place called alfaworkshop in ROYSTON. They just service alfa /£200 this included air filter plus pollen filter oil and air filter. main dealer don't include air or pollen filter. Great job fantastick place they know more about these cars than the idiots that main dealer.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Palmers in Hemel where i bought my car wanted £350 for my first service on the 1.4ma, shopped around and cheapest i got was £309 at Glyn Hopkin in Romford, their customer service was mint as well, and also they did a general 'health check' of my car. Considering it's fairly long intervals between services and i'll more than likely do an oil & filter change myself before the next service, it's not too ridiculous when it comes to price, also i feel happier having the 'authorised dealer' stamp in my service book, although it might not mean much to others

·
Registered
44 Posts
When I bought my Giulietta I took out a servicing plan. I pay about £18/month and it covers 4 services and the first MOT.The price of the plan is guaranteed not to increase and I will get it serviced at 11K, 22K 33K & 44K.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Wondering if it's ok to use Fiat dealers.
All the Alfa dealers around here (Berkshire) seem to be going down the pan. Apparently there's a new one in Slough but you don't want to be going over there...Come friendly bombs :tut:

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Wondering if it's ok to use Fiat dealers.
A lot of FIAT dealerships are also Authorised Alfa Service centres. The 1.4 MultiAir engine is used in a few FIATs, so you should have someone who's used to them there.

If it's just an oil-change, and there's nothing else you need to have looked at, it might be worth a go.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Just booked my Giuli 170d into Donnelly Alfa N.I, quoted £240 for service, Bought her with 18K now at 29K and a year passed.
anyone guess what should be inc in this service ? also asking for a check on condensation in tail lights and knocking from front of car when travelling over ramps ??

41 - 60 of 93 Posts