Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, just spent a very sweaty hot afternoon giving the 166 TS some TLC before the summer Holiday. New oil, oil filter and air filter. All easy apart from the pesky under tray which is a complete ball ache. Kids keep complaining about the likelihood of it blowing up halfway through France. A 130,000 mile TS Alfa Romeo, what could go wrong ? Why can't we have a new car like everyone else daddy ? I do try and educate them on the alfisti thing, but usually falls on deaf ears. Here's hoping the 1600 mile round trip goes smoothly for my sake :thumbs:

·
Registered
537 Posts
stick to your guns, I get the same grumblings from my kids and Mrs A but when they get in the car suddenly they appreciate what fun a 166 is.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
You'd be surprised. If the ts has got to 130k and doesnt burn much oil tjen she's probably a good one.

Sone ts engines seem to be a roulette of whether you get a good or bad one. But taken care of and serviced well they are pretty hardly.

The 2.0 with the heavy flywheel in the 166 doesn't lend it self to being overly reved but between 2-5k its lovely and comfortable.

Its over stretched really in the big lump of a 166. But parts are cheap and easy to repair on the ts.

So swings and round abouts.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
My 8 year old daughter still misses my proteo red TS which moved on 4 years ago.
Doesn't like my vela blu 156SW.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts