Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Was wondering, do you have to return to the dealer you purchased the car from for a warranty issue. Problem I have is the dealer I got the car from is quite a way away from me and is about 3.5 hours of travelling on public transport if I leave the car overnight... also when I tried to ask to speak to the Tech about things they were quite resistant to let me speak directly to them saying they were difficult to get hold of :) and when relaying the issues through the receptionist who was talking to them on the phone whilst I was standing at the counter they got their wires crossed about what I was trying to explain so don't really want that experience again.. however, the work they did do in replacing the radiator was fine..

I think I have a battery or intelligent battery power management problem as the start / stop works very infrequently (a blessing some may say) and the battery rarely gets charged above 12.4 volts even with all the infotainment / aircon and lights off after a long run..

Cheers

·
Registered
33,762 Posts
You can go to any dealer for warranty work. My car has only done 4000 miles since I collected it new in mid December. The SS has only not been available after it was left for two weeks while we were on holiday. I’d suggest you try Ancaster in Dartford.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Also had the same problem and took it to Ancaster Dartford for assessment. SS was intermittent and not working for sometimes 7 days at a time but we do quite a lot of short journeys in some weeks.

They said it all checked out OK and it was down to the driving profile. Sure enough it did start working again shortly after and has been fine since and does not always work when doing weeks of mainly school runs etc.

Opinion of Ancaster Dartford is mixed. Not always great to get hold of but they've generally been ok. A minor complaint was that my fuel filler door wasn't fitting flush so took it in. They ordered a new one and arranged for me to take it in again soon after. When I turned up they looked at it again and said that it didn;t really need doing as it was now fitting flush. They didn;t tell me that they'd adjusted it only that it needed replacing. So I went all the way over there for no reason.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just remembered that they recently serviced my car under the maintenance plan I pay for and when I got it home I noticed that the oil level wasn;t up to the position it should have been! Only about 66% of the max. which makes me wonder.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweeney70.. Thanks for the heads up on Ancaster.. regarding the oil change... when I picked mine up from the dealer Lipscomb Maidstone after a service the oil level was just above the middle of the gauge.. I checked in the oil cap and the oil was new and clean so assumed it had been changed, I subsequently bought some top up oil and too heed of the warning to add in small increments.. I put about a third of a litre in and after a 30 minute run out checked the oil level and it was right on the upper mark so didn't need a lot in it. I think the oil gauge only reflects the upper limit of level rather that from empty to full if that makes sense.. Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts