Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Got a lovely red leather upholstered GT JTS recently. got 65K on the clock, a service book full of stamps but no history in terms of receipts as bought from a forecourt...just a hand full of old MOTs

I decided to do my own service as I'm handy with a pair of spanners. She needs new discs too.
Belts look in good condition but since I have no paperwork, whether they were done a month ago or a year, or 3 years is irrelevant, gonna get an alfa garage to do it within the month. Might hurt a bit in the pocket but worth it for peace of mind.

When I went down to my local spares supplier (wilco). He checked on his computer and came up with a list of parts.
10w60 fully synthetic castrol edge has gone in but the state of the oil that came out I'm going to have to change the oil and filter again in 50 miles.
The airfilter I was supplied with is a cannister type (wrong!) and I was sold a fuel filter. This I think is also wrong.

Am I right that the fuel filter is unneccessary and that 10w60 fully synthetic is the way forward?

·
Registered
30,084 Posts
Some of the 2.0JTS cars do have serviceable fuel filters, but doesn't look like the GTs do.
As for the 10W60 synthetic, yes that is correct for the 2.0JTS.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts