Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, like you all know this is my first Alfa and would like to know when I should service it???
When I got it in mid May last year I did the normal oil and plugs and oil filter (along with leaky water pump).
Now the ***** thing decided to give me a bit of a problem in under 2000RPM when cold, its summer and very hot by me, but when she gets started she just idles, as normal. but when I try pull away its like she has NO power... :( I've done about just under 12000km on the clock. is it time yet???:confused::confused::confused:

G

·
I'd say there are a number of things to factor in when deciding how often you should service it. But sticking to your question, I'd say a service is probably way over due.
My 156 is at about 155k now and I've set my service intervals to be every 12000km. Call it insane or unnecessary but I think it will make a difference in the long run.
For interest sake, I used to do the Giulietta, which is also an 85 2.0 every 5k to 8k.
I'd say service it, you're only going to gain from doing so anyway :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good point, BUT...
My car was a show car and garage car for most of its life...
I got the car with 33'300km on the clock...
I'm just over 42'000 now....
But thanx, I'll do the service after the run only though....

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
33K is insanely low! People struggle to find newer used cars with low mileage like that!

G

·
33K is insanely low! People struggle to find newer used cars with low mileage like that!
Hhhhmmm ... not unless it's fitted with the odometer that goes to 99999! I remember the Berlina had one of those, we always had a low mileage alfa. Ha ha ha.

But I won't be surprised though as I've seen and heard of other GTV's, specifically 3.0s at almost half that mileage :wow:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I stick to once a year, I only drive from March to beginning of Novenber, no matter the mileage. Normally 3-4000 miles. When I had Trans Axels for daily drivers I did services every 6-7.000 miles, same as I do with my "modern" 156.
Every now and then at exstremely low mileage Alfa (or any other classic) pop up. Some are geniuen other are with no history to back the mileage up.
Erik

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
It's easy to see by pedal wear (if original), dashboard and if there have been interior changes or replacements whether something is a genuine low-miler.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts