Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the first service today (9k miles) and have a few q's:

I was told 'the software was updated' - Where would I check for s/w version and where would I find what was included in this version?

I asked for my tyre pressure to be checked as I noticed a couple were at 30 psi (according to the Tyres screen) and others at 32/33 - having checked it at pickup, the 30s were displaying as down to 27 - I didn't have time to raise this with anyone and will just use my own pump but it's a v old Halfords digital one - is it likely to still be at the correct calibration (was it ever!) / any recomms for a new one \ should I bother with a new one?

The digital oil gauge - the level displayed doesn't seem to have increased but still in between the markers - should it have been reset separately to the service interval counter (which has been reset) - If so and it was missed, how can I do it myself (if that 's possible)?

Other than that, the car is running well (tbf it wasn't exactly running badly beforehand lol ) - My tyres are at 5.5 and 5.7 on the rears, what would be the ideal mileage to expect from the Pirelli Cinturato P7s? (Yes, I know my driving style will ultimately determine that but a ballpark fig). Fronts at 6.6 and 6.7)

Had some fun driving it back on A roads but it was a bit too busy to have pure fun - the A59 will be revisited.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Turns out the digital tyre reading is quirky. This morning I plugged in my tyre inflator and it gave a reading of 34.5. The digital display then changed from 27 to 31.

I'll just take it they did it and leave it. It's driving and looking fine.

Bloody digital readings.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Had the first service today (9k miles) and have a few q's:

I was told 'the software was updated' - Where would I check for s/w version and where would I find what was included in this version?

I asked for my tyre pressure to be checked as I noticed a couple were at 30 psi (according to the Tyres screen) and others at 32/33 - having checked it at pickup, the 30s were displaying as down to 27 - I didn't have time to raise this with anyone and will just use my own pump but it's a v old Halfords digital one - is it likely to still be at the correct calibration (was it ever!) / any recomms for a new one \ should I bother with a new one?

The digital oil gauge - the level displayed doesn't seem to have increased but still in between the markers - should it have been reset separately to the service interval counter (which has been reset) - If so and it was missed, how can I do it myself (if that 's possible)?

Other than that, the car is running well (tbf it wasn't exactly running badly beforehand lol ) - My tyres are at 5.5 and 5.7 on the rears, what would be the ideal mileage to expect from the Pirelli Cinturato P7s? (Yes, I know my driving style will ultimately determine that but a ballpark fig). Fronts at 6.6 and 6.7)

Had some fun driving it back on A roads but it was a bit too busy to have pure fun - the A59 will be revisited.
One has to interpret any 'the software was updated' claim with care.

Firstly, there are two different types of software.

There's the infotainment system software which few dealers these days are willing to update, claiming that Alfa isn't paying them to do it as part of any free service. It also is quite time consuming. It is easy for the owner to check the infotainment software version installed. Various other threads give details.

Then there are numerous ECU modules in the car each with software. Some dealers regard updating the ECUs' software as part of a service, but not all. The owner can only check the ECUs' software versions installed using MultiECUScan(MES). I used MES to check the ECU software versions after my 27,000 mile service and nothing had altered from before the service. I'm not aware of any information in the public domain on what the latest ECU software versions are.

The type pressure system is a bit perverse. The car has to be driven a 100metres or so before it will update to the current pressure, eg first thing in the morning it will show the pressure when the car stopped the night before. Also mine has given a few false alarms on the move. Always from the nearside rear. I have a tyre pressure gauge which I use to check pressures in preference to the TPMS or any garage's gauge. It should be easy enough to check that your gauge is still accurate.

The oil level readout doesn't need a reset, it just measures the level of oil in the sump. Fortunately, my Quadrifoglio has a dipstick which I prefer to any digital display.

Andy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts