Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just had an interim service at a local independant garage and they cant reset the computer to get rid of the SERVICE EXPIRED message. They have reset the oil degradation (50,000m) but cant do the normal service. Has anyone had a similar problem before??? :confused: The same garage has done this for me on previous services without any problem. It did go past the overdue service period this time but only by 300 miles. I know the car has had a service but I want to get rid of this message. Help!!!

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I have the same issue on my GT. Cant reset the service light yet have been able to do it before..:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
it may be worth investing in a cable and software. The software can be downloaded for free and a cable is less than £20 delivered. FES is able to read ECU error codes and read all sorts of variables / actuators so will pay for itself over time.

Ive used it to recalibrate xenon / headlights, check EGR working correctly, reset oil / service warnings but dont think all these are available in free version... it costs 49 euros to register but in my opinion is well worth it.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
My original elm cable was not any good but recently i purchased an elm cable off ebay at around £12.00 from seller "neewer". The cable works fine will do all you need from an elm cable although you may also need one of rearbears cables for some tasks.I cant remember which i just swap cables when it says i think its airbags or abs.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The problem is that even with the right equipment it wouldn't clear the message 'SERVICE EXPIRED' so not much help. If anyone knows why that would be great!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I had this, I just left it and after about 800-1000 miles the message stopped!

BTW I did service the car but not through AR Dealer or Indy

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
Ive used it to recalibrate xenon / headlights,
Pardon my ignorance, but what is there to recalibrate on Xenon headlights?:confused:
what ive found is whenever battery disconnected for any considerable time the lights uncalibrate and point dangerously low... the car needs to be placed on a level surface and recalibrated :thumbs:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts