Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a 60k service on my 1.816v, thought I'd let you know the price so you cab compare / prepare...

Full 60k mile service, 8 new platinum plugs (I think they're worth it - my last lot lasted 60k) and rear pads. Two hours labour (1 for plugs, 1 for pads) 330GBP. Not too bad considering a standard 'oil change' service is about 130GBP. The invoice was itemised with all filter costs, plug costs (96 GBP) etc, so I was happy. Service done at W.A.D in Wolverhampton.

P

·
0 Posts
When you start paying £40 + vat /hour for labour, getting anything done is expensive. Personnally I reckon £330 is about right for that service.

P

·
0 Posts
Standard lube and filter service £130 ish I just paid. mind you there was £30 worth of Millers oil in there.

So not too annoyed.

Pete

M

·
0 Posts
I got the oil and filter changed by my local mechanic/garage recently. Filled the car with GTX Magnatec and it cost me £35 all in.
Are you still happy with the price you paid ???
By the way, Halfords do the same for about £40 (that's what it cost me for Magnatec last year anyway).
I am surprised it takes an hour to change 8 spark plugs. It won't take me that long on my 8 valve. Are the 16 valvers harder to get to ???

Marlon

J

·
0 Posts
16 valvers are harder to do you need to take off all the coils and plug leads but still 30mins max.

·
Registered
189 Posts
When I had the MOT done in Feb, I bought the oil filter & oil (£15) & the guy changed it for me for £5 over the MOT cost.

always worth asking wink

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
My local dealer is about 49.50 ph. Thats a lot (robbin gits)! They still managed an oil change service for between 30 and 70 (don`t know why it varies).

J

·
0 Posts
those bloody undertrays can take half an hour to get off and at 49ph that soon adds up its not the fitters fault and the time spent doing this has to be added to the bill so if you have an under tray take it off before you go.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
do it your self service like that on a car like this is dead easy and at least you know that some spotty kid on a nvq coarse is not using your car for the chippy run down at the garage.i always do what i can myself oil,filters,plugs,gaskets it really is basic stuff oil filters are only about £7 mobil 1 fully synthetic is only about £38 flush is about £5 plugs are really easy just allen keys to get at them. a full service history is only worth £500 according to the guides and as long as you keep all reciepts for oils and such you can make your own history.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts