Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just working on a recently acquired S3 (I believe) Spider. My wife hate the rubber wedges on the boot etc! What are the implications of removing this? sure the car won't be original but... Will it look better, is there any damage if I do? will it affect handling? Thanks

·
Registered
365 Posts
I doubt it will affect performance. It is part of the Kamm-tail effect/look. It has been proved that the Kamm tail (flat back) improves aerodynamics although with such as small area as on the Spider it is unlikely to have much effect, but if you take it off it will look crap IMHO. I think I would rather part with the wife than the spoiler:cheese:

·
Registered
138 Posts
If you do take it off, you could be in for a fair bit of bodywork to put it right. Boot lid and wings will need the holes filling and then painting. Before you know it you'll be in for a full respray, at which point you may as well have bought an earlier model anyway.

Worth considering swapping for a more appropriate one. If not, consider swapping the car.............:)

·
Registered
135 Posts
My S3 Spider has a 'Zender' aftermarket rear air dam fitted. These are not as high as the original type and IMO improve the rear end looks. Don't know if you can still buy them though.

You are in the Dorset area? I'm near Blandford Forum. You could always have a look at my car to see the difference!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions guys, no I won't be parting with the Dear Leader, just re-educate her, the trim stays! Tankman, I'd like to view your Spider sometime although I'm unable to drive at the mo' due to a broken wrist, be in touch later. Many thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts