Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took delivery of my MiTo S2

Hi Everyone

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

Well, I have officially joined the club! I ordered a MiTo 135 Sportiva in Biancospino white earlier today.

My story is pretty similar to one posted a while back by Willowman1. Back in March I initially had my heart set on an Alfa red Distinctive spec MiTo with tan leather. However, the minute I walked into the showroom that completely went out the window when I saw their white Sportiva. I know it seems to split opinion on here but for me it was the green and white stitching (combined with the black headlining) that sealed the deal on Sportiva spec.

I would also like to say how pleased I have been with the Donnelly Bros Mallusk dealership so far. When I first went in March I made it quite clear that, even if I found something I liked, I wouldn't be in a position to buy anything until I started my new job which could be anytime between July and September. Despite this Drew spent the guts of 3 separate afternoons with me letting me test drive several MiTos, running through god knows how many combinations of finance options and answering even my most OCD-laden questions.

This morning I sat in and test drove the Series 2 MiTo 105 TwinAir they had as well. I can't really comment on it's performance as, coming from a 65bhp Grande Punto, even the 85 bhp version felt nippy...

The touchscreen is such an improvement. My only minor issue with the previous cars I had driven was how 'blocky' the radio display looked. It certainly put a smile on my face when I turned on the ignition and a great big technicolour Alfa Romeo logo faded up onto the screen :) It integrated seamlessly with my phone too: paired within 30 seconds and began playing the song I had been listening to from the exact point I had paused it!!

From looking on the configurator I was actually pretty disappointed that the silver effect dash has been swapped for an unpainted plastic one. However in real life I actually quite like it. It's not 'soft touch' by any means but theirs some sort of coating on it that makes it feel more tactile than just black plastic.

One thing I am quite disappointed about is the new seats. I quite like the new design and the little flash of white on the backrest, it's the actual quality of the fabric I don't like. The car had 26 miles on it and the seats already looked a bit 'shiny'. The fabric felt very synthetic :(

As it happens, the dealership are in the middle of bringing in their new demos. And, by sheer chance I was told that their 135 Sportiva demo has been spec'd in white! I have been assured that the car will instead by registered to me and not as a demo, and I should expect delivery in 2 weeks! Can't wait :D

Wallace

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sounds nice!, I called into my local alfa yesterday and they've had the series 2 for 3 days in bispanco the only difference u could tell was the new infotainment system and USB stalk by handbrake inside. And new front lights surrounds are darker with grill to match Giulietta. But I forgot to take photos of the front as my order was updated on the board at stage 16 on 22/7 so should be finished up by now and hopefully here by September! ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1375604994.290384.jpg
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1375605007.869222.jpg
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1375605031.319639.jpg

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think so, I'm going to ring up in the week to clarify as they couldn't log on to check. But if its "being made" then jould be just in time for 63 plate :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Glad to see the level of service at Donnellys hasn't dropped since I got mine. They were excellent from sales right through to the after care. I have to say I have a bit of a soft spot for biancospina, I hope you enjoy the car, I'll keep my eyes open for you and give you a flash if I see you around.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad to see the level of service at Donnellys hasn't dropped since I got mine. They were excellent from sales right through to the after care. I have to say I have a bit of a soft spot for biancospina, I hope you enjoy the car, I'll keep my eyes open for you and give you a flash if I see you around.

Haha yes, thanks for the heads up so I'm not wondering who the hell is flashing me! As for Donnellys I'm glad to hear you say aftercare has been good too. There was no hard sell from the sales guys and they kept their sales spiel to a minimum too. In fact after ordering, my mum was impressed enough to tell me she would be coming up again to consider a Giulietta when the time comes to change her A3.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Dropped mine off this morning to get the wheels refurbished. As I looked around the dealers I noticed that they had a new model on the forecourt with a new radio. I've no idea which one it was but I thought £20,485 was a lot for a Mito!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's arrived!

Got an email yesterday from the dealer to tell me that my MiTo had arrived! So I went up and had a very quick look at it while I signed everything. I had no idea how dirty a new car could look! Hopefully I can pick it up at sometime tomorrow :D

Attachments

·
AO Member, MiTo Lounge Winner 09
236 Posts
Thanks for the photos! Had not seen real life photos of the interior yet. I guess the black radio surrounds are the same soft paint as the QV/Giulietta steering wheel. Does the silver screen frame match the other glossy silver bits of the interior or is it matte? Did they change the gear lever or still the old bling bling on top?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Thanks for the photos! Had not seen real life photos of the interior yet. I guess the black radio surrounds are the same soft paint as the QV/Giulietta steering wheel. Does the silver screen frame match the other glossy silver bits of the interior or is it matte? Did they change the gear lever or still the old bling bling on top?
Picture 2 shows the gear lever! It's still the same...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
417 Posts
Dropped mine off this morning to get the wheels refurbished. As I looked around the dealers I noticed that they had a new model on the forecourt with a new radio. I've no idea which one it was but I thought £20,485 was a lot for a Mito!
Certainly is a lot when main dealers offer you 9K trade in ( retail would be between 12-13K ) for a less than a year and a half old mint 135 Distinctive ( + options ) with only 3,600 miles when you are offering to part with more money.
How much profit do they want?
Only 300 quid better than We Buy Any Car and that's just when you want to get rid of a car not offer to buy another. Shocking.

I reckon the above £20,485 Mito would be worth 15K at the most after just couple of months.

Will I be a repeat customer - no way.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Are you not waiting until 1st September to have the new 63 plate?
Northern Ireland doesn't have the same number plate system as Great Britain. It's 3 letters and up to 4 numbers. The second and third letter signify which county it's from (or Belfast which has it's own code) and then the first letter changes after 9999 cars have been sold.
If he's in Belfast it will probably be OFZ xxxx, Co. Antrim I think is FRZ xxxx

·
Registered
570 Posts
Northern Ireland doesn't have the same number plate system as Great Britain. It's 3 letters and up to 4 numbers. The second and third letter signify which county it's from (or Belfast which has it's own code) and then the first letter changes after 9999 cars have been sold.
If he's in Belfast it will probably be OFZ xxxx, Co. Antrim I think is FRZ xxxx
Ah thanks! I saw it was RHD and didn't consider NI.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think it might be love...

I picked up my MiTo on Friday afternoon. God it's a good looking car! Although unfortunately I already have my first stone chip 38 miles in. And its on one of the bloody diamond cut spokes too!

Very little has changed with the exterior of the Series 2 but I thought I would post some pics of the interior to show a few of the tweaks.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The touchscreen is quite nice to use as well, certainly not as responsive as my phone but it has a few nice graphics in the menus. It gives descriptions for what all the menu options mean as well.

The windows logo on the steering wheel has been replaced by a voice activation thing as well. It actually did what I asked a few times but it doesn't fully appreciate a Northern Irish accent lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
I picked up my MiTo on Friday afternoon. God it's a good looking car! Although unfortunately I already have my first stone chip 38 miles in. And its on one of the bloody diamond cut spokes too!

Very little has changed with the exterior of the Series 2 but I thought I would post some pics of the interior to show a few of the tweaks.
Have you any pics of the seats? Was thinking of getting one myself but don't know whether to opt for the leather

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Have you any pics of the seats? Was thinking of getting one myself but don't know whether to opt for the leather
The first time I saw the new seats I didn't like them. But I'm warming to them now. For me it's not the pattern (which has been commented on by nearly everyone I have in it), I just thought the material felt a little cheap. Your dealership is bound to have a standard spec Sportiva in their showroom sooner or later to go have a look at.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts