Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
I used to live and work in Bury st. edmunds where this car is, I never saw it in all the 12 years I lived there although I know Cracknells garage in a village nearby had a few suds in the past, it could be or have been one of their cars, unsure, looks really nice though, hope it goes to a good home.....

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How tempting is that Col, replacing like for like .....!
Very tempting rich :rolleyes: Be interesting to see what it makes.

I'd like to get a good look at it see how good it really is! No doubt there'll be a few hidden dangers!

Make a nice project and hopefully the repairs are a good quality and the sills haven't been welded over the original rotten ones eh Adi ;)

V

·
0 Posts
Very tempting rich :rolleyes: Be interesting to see what it makes.

I'd like to get a good look at it see how good it really is! No doubt there'll be a few hidden dangers!

Make a nice project and hopefully the repairs are a good quality and the sills haven't been welded over the original rotten ones eh Adi ;)
you never know whats underneath!!! :)
unless any corrosion has been cut out putting a patch on will only delay things and kick the can further down the road, the car looks good though, nice colour, the owner says the repairs are good so its well worth a look for someone looking for a nice original SI Ti

·
Registered
243 Posts
Did it sell is the question? as jumping from £2,200 to £2,995 in one foul swoop makes Sud fans smell a fish....or is that a rat ??

·
Registered
422 Posts
Foul swoop? is that word play? Did a bit of research. Found this on the interweb.

The phrase is an old one. It may have been coined by Shakespeare in 1605, or he may merely have popularised it. In any case, the following lines can be found in Macbeth (Act 4, scene 3). Macduff has just heard that his family have been killed:

All my pretty ones?
Did you say all?—O hell-kite!—All?
What, all my pretty chickens, and their dam,
At one fell swoop?

So Shakespeare does employ the image of a bird of prey, a “hell-kite”, swooping to the ground to kill all his “pretty chickens”. But the word he uses is “fell”. This, of course, is still a common word, but Shakespeare is using a rather obscure sense of that word, meaning of terrible evil or ferocity. Its source is the same as felon, a wicked person.

So, “one fell swoop” originally meant a sudden, ferocious attack, although the sense of savagery in the phrase has been lost over the years and people now use it to mean, simply, all at once.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks. My intention is to get back home safely (to London) and see what's what. I'm hoping to get it up on a lift this Friday so I'll take some pics and report back.

If it's good, then the plan is for a light rolling restoration. If it's got some 'special treats' in store for me, then so be it.... Either way, the aim in 2012 is to restore her to her original beauty.

I've been alfa-less for a year or so (since selling the 156 GTA) but have some history with Lancia Montecarlos and Alfa 33s / Sprints so have some idea of what I'm getting into.... I think!

To be honest, I can't wait!! Watch this space...

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
hi there. yep, it sold... pick it up tomorrow :)
I hope that you will be pleased with your Sud Matt - and welcome to this happy band of Sud,Sprint,33 Alfisti - keep posting up pics of your progress and you will get lots of support and advice (if needed) on here. - Good Christmas present!! :lol:

K

·
0 Posts
brilliant, it's gone to an appreciative home :cool:

can't wait to see the car progress :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts