Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Few days ago I had a go at replacing the MAF and I guess I broke the bottom screw mountings on the lid since everything is just turning around.
Is there any way to fix it or should I start searching for a new lid? Anyone knows which models have the same lid? I have a GT 3.2.
Also, does it have 2 or 3 screws for the MAF? I only see 2 on my lid but I keep hearing they should have 3?

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
It looks the same as my 147 GTA. Can you not just unbolt the two nuts that hold the two clamps and the MAF down?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks the same as my 147 GTA. Can you not just unbolt the two nuts that hold the two clamps and the MAF down?
That was the plan but the whole thing just spins now. Thats why I would like to know if it can be repaired somehow before I disassemble everything and figure out I have to put it back together again because the only solution is a new airbox lid.

jwq: I saw that already but I seem to only have 2 bolts to secure the MAF in place.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
I just unscrewed the sensor itself from the tube, didn't bother with the airbox lid or whatever. A slight pain on mine actually because the 2 little screws that hold the sensor in looked like ordinary security torx but were a weird 5 pointed version of a torx (instead of 6 points). Had to borrow a driver from a mechanic friend.

·
Premium Member
7,698 Posts
or you could just remove the maf housing, as afaik (on my gta anyway) there's a rubber hose above and below ....

(i just replaced those security torx screws on mine with philips self-tappers early on btw ;) )

·
Vendor
46,348 Posts
There should be no need to remove the two nuts, instead just remove the whole lid & MAF complete, swap the MAF element and put it back together again. Your problem is a common one, the studs should be captive but they either snap or break free of their captive securings and just turn & turn...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts