Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought my old 156 GTA back - last owned it 9 years ago....

Issue: The stereo sound cuts out after approx. 20 mins. Still lights in the displays, but the sound is simply gone. Had a spare radio, put it in - same problem. I assume the issue must be in the amplifier...? Can anybody confirm that the Bose equipped GTA has a separate amp, and if so - where can I find it?

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
I thought its on a bracket but accessed from the top once the rear parcel shelf cover is removed which is quite a big job..

iirc .. rear seats c pillars covers headrests and clips to remove the shelf itself

·
Registered
708 Posts
I thought its on a bracket but accessed from the top once the rear parcel shelf cover is removed which is quite a big job..

iirc .. rear seats c pillars covers headrests and clips to remove the shelf itself
Yep! There it is unfortunately :(

·
Vendor
46,128 Posts
You can get it out from below.

You might have a short circuit on a door speaker which is causing this rather than the amp itself being faulty.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can get it out from below.

You might have a short circuit on a door speaker which is causing this rather than the amp itself being faulty.
Any pointers to how I can figure out what´s causing the problem? It always happens after 15-20 mins of driving - the sound first starts cutting out in between, and then goes all quiet. Turning off the system for a few minutes seems to help...

·
Vendor
46,128 Posts
Any pointers to how I can figure out what´s causing the problem? It always happens after 15-20 mins of driving - the sound first starts cutting out in between, and then goes all quiet. Turning off the system for a few minutes seems to help...
Disconnect one door speaker and go for a 20-25 minute drive, then do all the others in turn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts