Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

This seems to be asked a lot, so I thought I'd start a thread with some sensor locations in the hope that it'll be made a sticky.

Attachments 1 and 2 : Twin-Spark engine

Red arrow: Crank sensor (brown plug)
Green arrow: Knock sensor
Blue arrow: Oil pressure sensor

Attachment 3 and 4 : Selespeed Actuator

Red arrow: Pressure sensor
Magenta arrow: Range selection sensor
Cyan arrow: Gear insertion sensor
Yellow arrow: Clutch rod position sensor

Hope this helps someone! Please feel free to chip in with others, or requests. :thumbs:

Cheers,

Iain

Attachments

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
From that pic, the knock sensor looks a biatch to change. Typical, need to replace mine, pinking like mad!!!

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I've just deleted a knock sensor fault. Lets hope the faults gone with all the connectors cleaned.
Don't fancy my chances of getting my muckle hands anywhere near that sensor.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Would it be possible for someone to post an annotated picture of the whole engine bay? I look under my bonnet and I have no idea which connector is which and what component is what.
I've tried searching for one but with no luck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I know phase 1 and phase 2 TS engines have different plugs. P1 are square and p2 have like rounded corners. If your gonna go to the trouble of replacing the sensor, I'd use the correct one! I have heard talk of only gen items to be used. I have used fuel parts non gen and they were fine. Hope this helps.
Leo

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hello Guys,

I just bought a new speed sensor for the crank, do anyone know if it's possible to replace it without removing the starter motor ?

BR
If you mean the crank sensor with the brown plug, it is possible but expect, cuts, bruising and swelling. The throttle body housing needs to come off and you need to be supple. I had a second person for help to locate the hex bolt (5mm), I went under the car and pushed a hand up past the exhaust and my mate went from the top with the ratchet and I guided it onto the hex bolt. It was tight but very possible. The new sensor seemed a bit tight too, but has to go in at a certain angle.

Good Luck

1 - 20 of 41 Posts