Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this is in the wrong place/ been posted before etc.

I stumbled upon this site whilst looking at MAF's for the 147. It cross references the various different part numbers for the thing you need. So with a bit of a google you can find a cheaper alternative part.

Vehicle Sensors Online | Vehicle Sensors Distributor

MAF page shown as an example. just click on the i next to your model for the cross ref list.
Sensor application guide for part : MAF-095

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
30,222 Posts
But don't be tempted by anything other than a genuine Bosch MAF sensor from a trusted supplier.
Anything else will find its way to the bin very quickly!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But don't be tempted by anything other than a genuine Bosch MAF sensor from a trusted supplier.
Anything else will find its way to the bin very quickly!!
Although, when you can buy around 6/7 cheap ones for the price of a Bosch it's almost still value for money if you only expect to own an old car for a year or two. ;)

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
For good cross refference OEM part number is needed. Otherwise it does not work correct.
Assuming 147/19JTD/8V/115hp MAF is 46559828.
Cheap analogs are PFA10015*Patron, LM1049*AutoLog, 42002*Mapco, 213719620019*MagnetiMarelli.
I would also stay with 0281002308*Bosch.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
30,222 Posts
Although, when you can buy around 6/7 cheap ones for the price of a Bosch it's almost still value for money if you only expect to own an old car for a year or two. ;)
Not when the cheep alternative is usually worse than the failed Bosch you are taking off...

·
Registered
846 Posts
Its not !!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheap MAFS invariably simply don't work or even make the car run worse. And (generally) you shouldn't be paying 5 or 6 times the price for a bosch MAF these days.

There are also a number of threads on here on suitable replacement bosch sensors which may be cheaper alternatives like this one
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-andamp-gt/217084-maf-data-base.html

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its not !!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheap MAFS invariably simply don't work or even make the car run worse. And (generally) you shouldn't be paying 5 or 6 times the price for a bosch MAF these days.

There are also a number of threads on here on suitable replacement bosch sensors which may be cheaper alternatives like this one
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-andamp-gt/217084-maf-data-base.html
I was a bit tongue in cheek about the cheap ones tbh.

I'd looked through the MAF thread but couldn't seem to find details for the 8V 115 part. So still not sure which Bosch part is used in the housing. I'm going to pull it out tomorrow so can hopefully read the part number off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts