Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Here's the question : I live in paris and I'd like to send my ECU to Autodelta to remap it.

I just wonder if there are risks and if someone already did it without surprise ?

I also got a center pipe (raggazon - "type GRN") and a Asso intake with a KN filter (similar to the AD carbon intake) and i wonder if they have different "programs" or just a common one that can fit to my car....

Thanks for your reponses :)

Jack

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Wouldn't they need to fit it to your car to do the job correctly?

Give them a call if you can Jack, Janno who runs it is excellent with his info and suggestions.

AG

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Yes you can do this, another AO'er (bmofferral) did it recently.

It is my understanding that the AD remaps are "adaptive" and cope with a range of exhaust configurations and octane ratings.
Obviously if you are getting something serious done like a 3.7 conversion, or supercharging the mapping will be totally different.

Depending on your car model they may have a number of alternate mappings with various power/torque, rev limit and even throttle response trade-offs.

Jano is the (very hands on!) owner and chief mechanic/designer,
I have always found him very helpful :)

Cheers,
TB

jack75 said:
Hi,

Here's the question : I live in paris and I'd like to send my ECU to Autodelta to remap it.

I just wonder if there are risks and if someone already did it without surprise ?

I also got a center pipe (raggazon - "type GRN") and a Asso intake with a KN filter (similar to the AD carbon intake) and i wonder if they have different "programs" or just a common one that can fit to my car....

Thanks for your reponses :)

Jack

·
Registered
30,263 Posts
If you are only in Paris it may be worth taking a daytrip over to Autodelta in London with your car to get it remapped.
It will save you the trouble of removing the engine ECU & Code ECU, plus the worry of sending your car key by post/courier.

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
David C said:
If you are only in Paris it may be worth taking a daytrip over to Autodelta in London with your car to get it remapped.
It will save you the trouble of removing the engine ECU & Code ECU, plus the worry of sending your car key by post/courier.

That would be a very good move, and also while you're there you could maybe get demo rides in the current Auto Delta 147/156 GTAM variants and come back to us with your reports ;) :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,

Thanks everybody for all your advices, I'm on the way to do it, i have to validate with my government :cheese:

I have another question for GTA owners (or someone else) : what do you think about the supersprint rear exhaust in term of quality of sound and level ? (I do not want something much louder than OEM since I have already a ragazzon center pipe and a carbon intake and I want to keem the "GTA tone" in the revs

Is there a video of a GTA with a supersprint here ?

Thanks a lot

Jack75

1 - 6 of 6 Posts