Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm selling my Brera S (Black 2.2)...

I guess the point of this thread is discovering from your collective experience, what is the best way of advertising these cars effectively (Autotrader, Pistonheads?), how easily are they shifting and is there any interest here?!

59 Plate, 39,000 miles, Mint condition with full ARSH. Alpine double-din bluetooth unit (pics to follow) that looks the business.

Any advice / interest welcome.

Obviously a reluctant sale (when isn't it?) but needs must...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Johngrant,
When I bought my Brera a few months ago the dealer also had 2 x Brera S(although one was not a genuine "S") the same age and more or less same miles as yours, if I remember correctly they had them up for £11,500-£12,000.both sold within two months of going up, so you may have to wait a while for the right buyer.
for private sale you would probably need to put it up for between £10,495- £10,995., a good idea may be to purchase a 12 month warranty for it from the AA or similar, so you then could advertise it with warranty I would of thought for the age and mileage you may only be looking at around £250 for one this will give a buyer some peace of mind.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Second city motors had a red 2.2 jts on 09 plate with most bits off the S, but wasn't an actual S looked beautiful though, I think it sold about 6 weeks ago.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Ive put it on the mentioned thread. Any other sites that you can recommend as being effective? I'm guessing everyone goes for Autotrader?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Hmmmmm
Worth doing lots of digging to find out about these bogus S ones.....when we bought one a couple of years ago two very well known dealers down sarff:lol: were selling bogus ones....and they knew it:tut:
Good luck with the sale:)

·
Registered
33,243 Posts
There were apparently some of the parts left after all the real Brera S run was finished for the UK at the Bristol docks . I get the impression that there were no Prodrive bits amongst the leftovers, just cosmetic stuff.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Some of the later ones like mine came with the red stitched Pelle Frau leather seats (with a 'Brera' insert rather than the 'S' insert in the headrest) and they also had the red painted Brembo callipers but they didn't have any of the Prodrive bits on.

When putting my registration into insurance databases etc it always came came up as as 2.2 JTS S

·
Registered
138 Posts
Some of the later ones like mine came with the red stitched Pelle Frau leather seats (with a 'Brera' insert rather than the 'S' insert in the headrest) and they also had the red painted Brembo callipers but they didn't have any of the Prodrive bits on.

When putting my registration into insurance databases etc it always came came up as as 2.2 JTS S
Mine is the same, with the much coveted leather dash.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
I sold my Brera 2.2 (not S) on Autotrader in one day last August bank holiday! Good photos and a thorough description really help, and realistic pricing is vital. I haven't looked at the pricing this year so won't venture a guess - just don't be overly optimistic and remember that aftermarket upgrades add nothing to the price value of the car - but they may make it more attractive than other similar vehicles of the same price.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I sold my Brera 2.2 (not S) on Autotrader in one day last August bank holiday! Good photos and a thorough description really help, and realistic pricing is vital. I haven't looked at the pricing this year so won't venture a guess - just don't be overly optimistic and remember that aftermarket upgrades add nothing to the price value of the car - but they may make it more attractive than other similar vehicles of the same price.
Your car was loaded and cheap.

Just wish it had been black!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So Glass's quotes £11,370 for a private sale (when considering my mileage).

Think I'd be happy with £11k so on to Auto-Trader it goes! Wish me luck...

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I'd have paid 11k for it if I hadn't got one 6 months ago.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got mine from second city it has red calipers red stitched black seats ( with brera s limited edition badges ) black and red leather stitched dash 19" graphite grey alloys, the S badges BUT no prodrive exhaust that's the only thing at a glance is different apart from the suspension but I believed it was changed for a softer ride . I assume its a fake but it is as said by my neighbour sexy lol and I'm happy with that :D I will probably get the exhaust as its on eBay for £700 quid and I'm tempted.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just to add he has a definite brera S metallic grey prodrive with a pioneer double din in very good condition for 13500 I believe so 11k is easily achievable maybe a little more.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi nalaboy I seen yours when I bought mine looked superb if the reg started SK09 but was way out of my price bracket. Nobody other then other Alfa nuts would ever notice the difference, but being a Alfa nut you'd have to get the pro-drive exhaust as they finish the car of perfectly. Someone had a thread on here about them I'm sure that they said they was for sale for the 2.2 at around the £400. mark.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Shift yours and get the black one you really want!
Sorry, but mine is a black one. My profile pic is still of my old grey tractor S!

My drive for a few days....

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi nalaboy I seen yours when I bought mine looked superb if the reg started SK09 but was way out of my price bracket. Nobody other then other Alfa nuts would ever notice the difference, but being a Alfa nut you'd have to get the pro-drive exhaust as they finish the car of perfectly. Someone had a thread on here about them I'm sure that they said they was for sale for the 2.2 at around the £400. mark.
Mine is SK59 so I think you have seen it :) . I'll definitely be looking for the exhaust at that price along with the remap and then I'll be content..... For a bit ! Lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts