Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

Well she is for sale. Its tough really tough but she has to go to a new home.

My question is i am considering de modding the car to make her more affordable to the target market. Also fitting the rear seats again, and sadly removing the seat delete and brace bar to make her more practical. Shame as her power to weight is epic with the weight removed.

Low mileage spotless, deflapped manifold. Hybrid turbo, water meth injection full wizard exhaust, FMIC, brand new large 156 gta calipers, powder coated everything full quality chassis mods all wishbones new. 277 proven bhp high 50's mpg still achievable. Plus all the many many many mods aesthetically and all my attention to detail. I am sure she will be attractive to someone. Question is do i demod her? It would be so sad to remove her individual high performance package though.

If i listed all i have spent in getting to this point it would be eye watering. So my very conservative asking price is reasonable. I am realistic to market price though.

Any banter on the subject guys. Be honest.
Cheers.

Regards
Damien.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Hi Damien,

well, there is more than one way to skin a cat...!

de-modded will bring the asking down as you rightly say, so then it just comes down to the man maths .....will you recover more of your spend by selling bits individually..?

almost certainly, re the rear seats vs your custom ones, I would re-install the original interior and sell the racing jobbies, same with the splitter, fit a cupra one and sell your beautiful carbon fibre one on ebay or here, re-fit the clovers and sell your Oz wheels.

I would also re-install the original fuel and oil caps and sell the the billet ali ones..

the GT mats I sold you could go in favour of the originals as well.

you then still have the lowest mileage hybrid turbo GT, you have done the 330mm brake upgrade and water meth in addition to the usual upgrades people undertake when doing these.

you have an FMIC, a mocal oil cooler upgrade and 5mm hubcentrics ?

those mods alone represent big Moolah, and that is without the lovely KW coilovers, eibach arb kit, hybrid, mapping, and the SMF and GTA clutch, you also did a mod to cool the brakes so they don't fade on the track right...? and you have performance pads as well...

I am sure there is stuff you have forgot to mention!

Oh yeah, custom exhaust..!

and lets not even mention the immaculate condition and the troublesome flaps being gone as well as the EGR.

realistically the car is worth what someone is willing to pay and has in their pocket, it also has to be someone that wants a quick car, but does a few to many miles for a GTA or a GTV V6.

It can't be someone that wants just a track car as for the same money you could get a Lotus Elise, or vauxhall VX220, so it needs to be a guy that wants one car to do two jobs, or just a fast road machine.

its up for 11k, recover some money on the parts you are removing and drop the price, that should see you making the same or more than you want with the asking being closer to what the market can presently take.

lovely car, and if my mileage was still what it was when I did mine I would absolutely buy it.

very best of luck mate!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for the comprehensive reply Joe.

I really want her to go to the correct owner. She is such an awesome solid all round machine. I know you never get back all your investment in a project, and i am taking a huge hit even at the price i am after for her. This car wants for nothing. Huge reliable fun for years. I only bought the best quality parts for her. No compromises at all just the best and nothing but.

Damien.

·
Premium Member
2,081 Posts
Keep it... keep it forever. :grin: Even though I swapped for a GTA I still miss my old JTD because I was going down the same route as you; "Let's see what we can actually do with a 1.9 diseasel". Plus, good sorted GTs are getting few and far between.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keep it... keep it forever. :grin: Even though I swapped for a GTA I still miss my old JTD because I was going down the same route as you; "Let's see what we can actually do with a 1.9 diseasel". Plus, good sorted GTs are getting few and far between.
Thanks mate.

I could never find a car in my Gt's condition again. Its an epic machine. And the mpg is awesome too with more power than the busso equivalent. Its just absolutely solid. I built my dream one off clover. I know i may regret this one day. But right now my life does mean i have no time to drive the car.

Damien.

Reactions: baxter2308

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I can relate Damien, In % terms I took the same hit I suspect you are taking, my purchase and modding costs represent about your asking actually a bit more...and she sold for £4500...

that said, 122k on the clock and just in case anyone is under any illusion, nowhere near the level of attention to detail and financial investment you have lavished on yours...although it was epic!

its also worth mentioning that what you have done can't be done for anywhere near your asking price, which is the point really, if somebody wants to do what you have done they can either spend considerably more than you are asking or pay for yours with it all done.

this sale is going to be all about the right buyer..becasue it is VERY reasonably priced for what it is and what it cost to create.

I am sure they will come along mate, best of luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts