Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
There was a Fiat Coupe converted to a drop of satans finest by Solo Italia; I think?

Not sure if they ever sold it. Might be worth a call to find out, so you can still Dolce Vita at 50mpg :thumbs:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frustratingly it didn't sell! I can't believe that it's not worth £2k!

Any suggestions on why are welcome. Are they worth so little?

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
£2k for a V6 .. I can't believe it didn't go!! Lots of car there!

Best way to sell on eBay is set up your reserve price, bid from say £350.00 so the idiot non buyers push it up; then you should get the real buyers from the reserve.

Bidding this way is the best way.

FYI, a silver V6 Spider with a F ****d engine just went for £1,900. Bids started at few hundred pounds.

Relist after Auto Italia Day on 30/04, where people get the horn to get one!

Good luck :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
You're selling in the wrong place. These V6s are not for everyone, so they need a bit of patience to find the right owner who knows what an amazing car they are. Try Pistonheads or a classic car site instead. Even Auto Trader - no V6s on there currently.

£3500 to £4000 if it's sound and a bit more for a P2 with good history. It's worth more than that to the right buyer, but you might have to wait a little.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's been on PH for a couple of months, as well as on carandclassic.

I guess that the problem is the rush. I could really do with a commuter car sooner rather than later. Oh well, guess I'll think about taking PJ3074's advice and setting a reserve and starting low.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
I watch this go through, can't believe it didn't sell I was tempted myself at that price lol!, but the reason I was watch it is I'm soon to be selling my v6 and have been watch a few go through.

Not sure why it didn't go it's seem well look after, Maybe your pics could be a bit better, check out Clive's website his cars are always presented well.

Good luck with the sale

P.s there a place in Birmingham that will lpg your v6 for £900.......keep it :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd love to keep it jonalfaspider, but the missus doesn't like it (she's strange) and spending out to lpg it would not result in an easy life. Nor do I really have the £900 to do so. If I did, I'd probably just buy a diesel beater with that and keep the Alfa as intended.

So, I have followed PJ3074's advice, and relisted with a very low start and a reserve that I can live with (albeit relutantly). We'll see what happens.

Ad at http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/152067828417?

Thanks for all the advice

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I can't see why it won't sell for a decent price. Good ones like yours usually go for about £3000 on eBay if you check the completed listings. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Looks nice but short mot always puts me off unless your prepared to put on a full ticket?

·
Registered
38,679 Posts
There was a Fiat Coupe converted to a drop of satans finest by Solo Italia; I think?

Not sure if they ever sold it. Might be worth a call to find out, so you can still Dolce Vita at 50mpg :thumbs:
It was Solo Italia.

I couldn't think of a worse combination in a coupe though to be honest.

It was Dark Green, and they fitted it with the 8v (115bhp) engine. :irked:

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Good luck, hard to understand as to why it didn't reach 2k. I wouldn't "throw anything in" like the original tear drop alloys with Dunlops, but sell them seperately.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
It was Solo Italia.

I couldn't think of a worse combination in a coupe though to be honest.

It was Dark Green, and they fitted it with the 8v (115bhp) engine.
Yeah, I know what you mean as Coupe has to be the 20V Turbo.. But was a long shot idea for the OP to enjoy something similar to the GTV, on the dark stuff :)

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I see bidding action is in play.. £1500+ already. :)

Will be watching this daily to see how it plays out... I've had similar with other cars and when you relist in this manner, you can sometimes get more money if 2-3 people end up in a bidding battle. :lol:

:thumbs:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nice looking GTV but if you don't mind me saying the following:

the paint looks a bit 'flat' maybe its the photos or it needs a machine polish?
taking the pics of the car in a car park isn't great could you not do it outside your house?
the engine is a bit 'grubby' ?
and most importantly imo, no pictures of log book service history receipts etc

Oh and this is where I bought my car from last year http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/

I hope you sell it though and good luck :thumbup:

·
Registered
38,679 Posts
Yeah, I know what you mean as Coupe has to be the 20V Turbo.. But was a long shot idea for the OP to enjoy something similar to the GTV, on the dark stuff :)
If they had fitted the 2.4 and remapped it then that would have been much more like it.

I am sure someone has done one somewhere.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts