Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright gents. We found out yesterday that my missus is being made redundant due to the ongoing raft of job losses in the banking sector. So running a 3.0 v6 isn't the wisest thing. So the sensible thing to do is to sell it.

I was looking at M3s last week and thinking I would like one but it looks like it has to be downsized properly for the time being.

I was going to put it up on ebay in the UK as it is still on UK plates but I will see if any of you are interested before I go through the hassle.

So as you know my car is probably one of the highest spec'd 156s in the country. It is the best driving one I have ever driven. It sounds epic and pulls like an animal. It also handles like a dream. So here is the speal. The car has nothing but the best parts.

166 engine with full rebuild including light flywheel, matched con rods, balanced crank, flowed heads, matched inlet manifolds, head skim, GTA cams, GTA clutch, new belt kit, GTA oil cooler, de-seamed and wrapped exhaust maniflds, unicourse copy equal length header pipes, de-cat stainless straight through exhaust - this sounds lovely and mellow, not raspy, induction kit and carbon air box, Q2 limited slip diff, Eibach anti roll bars front and rear, upper and lower front strut braces, Koni adjustable struts, Eiback springs, 4 pot Brembo front calipers, 330mm vented front discs, 18inch wheels with low mileage Yokohama Parada tyres, custom ecu re-map, GTA headlights, oil pressure and temp gauges, braided brake lines, new rad, new alternator, new battery...

I am not really in a rush to sell so can hold out for the right price. (it wil be going on ebay with a starting price of 2500) I have receipts for parts alone for over 5k sterling that recently went into this car. It is a near nut and bolt rebuild. I have a disc full of pictures of the build. PM me if interested.

The car is located in Ireland but can be delivered to the UK for a fee.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I remember this car :D id have it off you but my funds are zilch till I get back in work ....
Yeah it is really killing me to sell it but needs must. I drive it as a daily and it really is a dream. Drives just as well around town as it does screaming around some twisties .

·
Registered
168 Posts
Alright gents. We found out yesterday that my missus is being made redundant due to the ongoing raft of job losses in the banking sector. So running a 3.0 v6 isn't the wisest thing. So the sensible thing to do is to sell it.

I was looking at M3s last week and thinking I would like one but it looks like it has to be downsized properly for the time being.

I was going to put it up on ebay in the UK as it is still on UK plates but I will see if any of you are interested before I go through the hassle.

So as you know my car is probably one of the highest spec'd 156s in the country. It is the best driving one I have ever driven. It sounds epic and pulls like an animal. It also handles like a dream. So here is the speal. The car has nothing but the best parts.

166 engine with full rebuild including light flywheel, matched con rods, balanced crank, flowed heads, matched inlet manifolds, head skim, GTA cams, GTA clutch, new belt kit, GTA oil cooler, de-seamed and wrapped exhaust maniflds, unicourse copy equal length header pipes, de-cat stainless straight through exhaust - this sounds lovely and mellow, not raspy, induction kit and carbon air box, Q2 limited slip diff, Eibach anti roll bars front and rear, upper and lower front strut braces, Koni adjustable struts, Eiback springs, 4 pot Brembo front calipers, 330mm vented front discs, 18inch wheels with low mileage Yokohama Parada tyres, custom ecu re-map, GTA headlights, oil pressure and temp gauges, braided brake lines, new rad, new alternator, new battery...

I am not really in a rush to sell so can hold out for the right price. (it wil be going on ebay with a starting price of 2500) I have receipts for parts alone for over 5k sterling that recently went into this car. It is a near nut and bolt rebuild. I have a disc full of pictures of the build. PM me if interested.

The car is located in Ireland but can be delivered to the UK for a fee.
Now you have me interested. When you say fee to get it into the UK, how much do you think you would be looking at?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
get a life :cheese: how much would that cost :cheese:
About 1000-1500. Would quickly repay itself on a 156 v6. Especially the way Barry drives:lol:

The biggest expense with big engined cars in Ireland is petrol. The biggest kick in the balls expense with them is the tax, which is 1080 for the year if it's 2.5 on the log book.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There is also the small matter of there being about 5 LPG stations in the whole country. Then when you go to resell the car...........

No thanks.

It's my exhaust Scortcho. I don't drive it fast. :lol:

·
Registered
6,060 Posts
I know a 2.0SW screamed past you in the port tunnel!!:p

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Hey Bat_lezerby... Sounds very similar to my beast... Only thing I'm missing is the big brakes! :rolleyes:
So so much fun! :D
Here's mine!
1391725287746.jpg

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
1 - 20 of 62 Posts