Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

this is my first post even though I've been a member of the forum for quite a while,work normally keeps me v busy and don't get much time.

Like most of you I also suffer from that incurable disease - "Alfalitis". I've always liked Alfas even though I've owned a few different makes of cars there's always something special about the character of an Alfa..a love / frustration relationship. When the car upsets you with an "alfarism" it later charms you with it's curore sportivo!

My 2006 GT is the second Alfa that I've owned. The first was a 147 selespeed bought new.

I've advertised on gumtree for 145k negotiable.
Gato - cat - has been pampered ( excuse the pun) since I bought it second hand from Investment cars in 2010.

I've had a decat wildcat exhaust system with their custom made manifold fitted, but replaced the rear silencer with the original as the noise was hectic ...like a modified V8 racing car and when your house windows vibrate somethings gonna happen. It now has just the right sound,sportier than standard but unobtrusive.

Only drive the car on weekends as I normally drive my Forester XT to work and those long holiday trips so I haven't put on much mileage. Besides the usual full house it came fitted with a Parrot hands free phone system and is still under warrantee until Oct 2012, this warrantee can apparently be extended. Thus far have not needed to claim. Currently has 98000 kms and when I bought it, the dealership had just serviced Gato and replaced the cambelt and waterpump with tensioners at Alfa west rand. I have the full service history, spare keys etc.

The car also has a BMC air filter which I recently had to import and now with new spark plugs aswell as battery she's more responsive and quicker than standard. I don't mess with engine and electronics. Tony an ex Alfa mechanic, whom i trust to work on the car is well known on the forum and even though he has left automate in edenvale I have followed him to Boksburg where he works with the electronics fundi Chris from Alfa and Omega. He suggested making those modifications as the best and only ones necessary for the car.

The "stealerships" may be ok for basic services but rip you off for other things and don't necessarily do a good job either, had some bad experiences in the past.

I also have a set of 19inch mags and tyres which have hardly been used. Took them off Gato after only about 1000k's as due to the crap road surfaces in GP the ride was too harsh for my liking but that's me. Domingos did the aluminium spacer plates so that the rims can fit without effecting the big front brakes as in the GTA's. These plates are custom made and can be removed from the rim to then fit any 5 100 pcd car.

I would prefer that a true Alfisti buy the car as they can really appreciate the car for what it is. The colour is also rare in the GT's and is one of the reasons I bought it metallic Luce di Amalfi or as I like to call it vinho verde.

Unfortunately due to long and sometimes unpredictable work hours during the week I'm only available to show the car on weekends.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts