1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
very interested you have mail ciao daz:thumbs:

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
What a shame Matty. I followed you behind dxechick's 147 through the Illuminations for 2.5hours+ of stop start driving and I got a lot of looks at her as we twisted down the Golden Mile. It looked great and didn't seem to have any problems.

£450 looks a cheap bargain for someone. Good luck getting back soon.;)

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
If that car was here in Ireland I would pay you cash for it tonight :mad: don't suppose you fancy a trip to ireland :lol:

Good luck with the sale. Hope it goes to a good home.

K

·
0 Posts
shame you have to let it go matty, hope you still keep in touch and return with a suitable car soon ;)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies - I'm remember when I saw her for sale on this site I immediately got excited, put my Polo up for sale on ebay and spent half my wage getting down to London to pick her up and back to Leeds again and also the £202 a month insurance she costs me !

Yeah that was good day Jim - Glad I managed to take her to at least one meet !

Haven't got any PM's on here suds?

Thanks for the offer sudsonic, I would if I could !

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Hi Matt
Sorry you have to sell - hope the finances come right again soon - but stay on the site - you don't have to be a present owner!!

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
sorry to hear your selling the 33 ,its a good price for a clean 33 and i do love the earlier 33s especially with the carbs good luck with the sale and im sure we will see you in a alfa again before long.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks everyone - I know I will be even sadder when the time comes... but needs must and theres no point having a car that you can't afford - just yet - maybe in a few years when I'm older, am not skint and have a few years no claims, I will be driving a 33 once again!

I wish somebody of this site would buy her so I can buy her back again in a year ! :rolleyes:

Have had a few enquires on Pistonheads - one guy is offering a maximum of £300 - if I have to sell for that I'll cry til the end of the year !

I've been looking on ebay and the only car you can get for £300 with tax and mot is a battered old fiesta or skoda !! My 33 is not in the same league as those surely !

Every morning on the way to work I think why is this original, rust free, rare car worth pennies when its should be worth thousands! :confused:

Mind you I've seen a lot of Alfa's old and new going for stupid prices recently so I guess mine is no exception.... but £300 !!

Cheers

·
Registered
508 Posts
Real shame that Matty, but needs must I suppose. But once you've been infected by the virus, there's no way out :lol:

I always look out for your car when I pass your place - I used to have a 1.7 Veloce and you don't see many around these days.

K

·
0 Posts
shame you can't find somewhere to store it for a few years matty, but i know all too well how these things are :(
you never know, in a few years i may be looking for a buyer for my sud :rolleyes: but i can't see me ever wanting to sell, but times can change :rolleyes:
hope the ebay listing gets a better bid than the paltry £300 ;)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah I always look out for you mostro when I'm going down meanwood road, never see you though ! :lol:

Your right though, I have well and truly been bitten - think when I'm back on the scene, I'll be looking for a sprint. Always had a soft spot for them :)

I know kev, I racked my brains for storage but couldn't figure anything out :rolleyes:

Oh well I gotta accept it which I sort of am now.

Put her on ebay yest at dinnertime and by 12am this morning the biddings at £255 with 22 watchers, got a guy wanting to come up this sat too! So certainly a lot of interest!

6 days left....

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm sorry you have to sell her. It's a beautiful car.
I wonder about your used car market over there.
Where i live, you can never get a rear car like this one
for this money.

Good luck with that!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts