Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it not possible to ask for your account to be suspended for a couple of months rather than hit the delete button?

Genuine curiosity :confused:

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you're that p*ssed off, you don't ask for your profile to be 'suspended', do you?

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you're that p*ssed off, you want everyone to know you're that p*ssed off (or you just don't want to be there any more...or at least, that's how you feel at the time).

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, sorry - is this a request? :p
It could be soon.

If you're that p*ssed off, you don't ask for your profile to be 'suspended', do you?

Depends why youre ****ed off. This place can be very distracting, and when things are getting you down you look for distractions. It can be a bad idea to come here when you're in that frame of mind, people get wound up, wind other people up as a result someone leaves.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
It's not possible as I asked for it once. Hans advised that my account would be closed so I'd start from scratch when I returned, much like Jules & Happy;)

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It could be soon.

Depends why youre ****ed off. This place can be very distracting, and when things are getting you down you look for distractions. It can be a bad idea to come here when you're in that frame of mind, people get wound up, wind other people up as a result someone leaves.
That's true. I think he's in a pretty good frame of mind at the moment though, although he has a big change in the offing early next year.

I think (and hope) Nev'll be back though. He'll be sorely missed by many if he doesn't.

·
Vendor
45,829 Posts
I think the self-delete function should be binned. If you want yourself banned for good then thats fair enough, but deleting the name messes up the functionality of the search feature etc.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think the self-delete function should be binned. If you want yourself banned for good then thats fair enough, but deleting the name messes up the functionality of the search feature etc.
His name is still there though, isn't it, he's here as a 'guest'? Of course, you can't really just delete all that person's presence and all trace of them, it would totally mess up all the threads they'd been involved in. But for someone who wants to completely go, maybe it would be an idea to just replace their name with 'Deleted' or something.

And if and when they decided to return, they could have the choice to start afresh, incognito with a new name, or pick up where they left off?

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
i dont get why people do it, is it for attention?....weird:(

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
I've been away twice now. First time Ian changed my password for me so that I couldn't log in. It was a stressful time and I needed a break from everything, not just AO. I came back when I felt ready.

The second time was this year, just before the gallery opened. I just wanted out for a while - things can get heated and it can get to you, especially as a Mod. I came back when my life was on a more even keel. It wasn't attention seeking, more self-preservation.

·
Registered
37,652 Posts
i dont get why people do it, is it for attention?....weird:(
Nope, sometimes it can just get too much. If you start to take offence at comments etc etc then it can help to take a break, or if work is pressuring you the lure of AO can be too strong as a release, it then just compounds your problems!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts