Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a little argument with an Alfa owner in Malaysia about how to change the gear smoothly with Selespeed. This topic even got out in my local newspaper :eek: . Well it's not exactly a big news, just the papers stated that in order to shift smoothly with Selespeed you need to lift or maybe half throttle it. I used to do that kind of method when I first got my hands on the GTA but after awhile I just change it with my foot still pressing the throttle. IMO changing it whilst in the throttle proved smoother driving, just make sure you rev it after 3k rpm :) . So what are your opinions about it?

P/s: AR Malaysia was the people who told journalist to half throttle it hence the statement in the newspapers.

·
Registered
264 Posts
i always lift my foot off the gas when i change, i feel like the car does a kind of dipping motion if you keep your foot on the gas.

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
In theory lifting the throttle a bit just before (as) you change gear,, removes the load from the gears, which should make for a smoother change.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Its like a normal manual when your changing gears u lift your foot of the accelerator a touch then go back on it once the gear has changed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts