Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me the voltage i should have at the socket for my selespeed pump when the drivers door is opened

·
Registered
30,017 Posts
Should be the same at the battery voltage.
ie somewhere between 12.5v & 13v

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that,its a continuation of my pump not priming took it to my local fiat they said the pump was faulty and the actuater was leaking,id checked the oil throughout the fault and had no oil loss he said the tank was nearly empty and i was charged for sele oil, on fitting a new pump yesterday myself i noticed he had filled the oil tank to the brim not the max line ***.im only getting 6v when the drivers door is opened so on advice im checking the door switch and checking the relay again as the new pump has made no difference.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
the relay costs 5 euro, so you have paid a kingsransom for parts that are not faulty :mad:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for pointing that out!!! i will make a claim against the garage who were asked to check the voltage as i thought all along it was electrical not mechanical...those pesky stealers.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
I have a couple of them, but I am in Holland... could send one

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
You can come over and I'll try my spare one in there for you, but you can't have it, I need it for diagnosis purposes.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
you can test it yourself, just swap it with the one for the fan (located in the relay box in front of the battery)
HTH

1 - 9 of 9 Posts