Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just a quick note. I have successfully stripped and rebuilt my Sele Actuator. No special tools, and a handful of o rings purchased from a Hydraulic equipment firm locally.

My Actuator had blown a seal on the right side blanking plate, and was squirting oil out under some considerable pressure. I took the actuator off with a view of replacing it, but on inspection it appeared easily repairable. stripped and replaced the o rings and reset it. Back on and bingo....no leaks and fully functioning.

Recon it'll go **** up in a week, but i'll keep you posted. :thumbs:

whilst i'm on. will the fiatECUscan reset the sele ecu? i'm undecided as to this one or Alfadiag?? i have an ELM327 usb connector so that's a big influence. Can you still get hold of Alfa Examiner?

Cheers.

·
Registered
30,162 Posts
AlfaDiag won't work with an ELM interface, so stick with FiatECUScan.
The free version will do for the Selespeed gearbox ECU too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, my selespeed 156 2.0 JTS 03 plate wont engage gears - my local garage says its electrical / a solenoid. Is this completely different to what you had? Would love to fix mine!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an old Sele actuator which i use for spare parts. I recon strip it test your solenoids and replace the broken one! whats the worst that can happen, its already busted, so it stays that way.....Or you fix it!

mine was a massive leak, but i tested the solenoids for good measure.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi, hope I can butt in here - my 147 sillyspeed wont engage any gear - can get second after lots of dicking around so I did that and drove all the way to the garage. Long period of time for diagnosis (not complaining - they were methodical). Seems the problem is in the "Robot Controller"??? What the heck is that? I read in another thread that it may be the acutator. Quote $4500NZ to replace - I cant believe the cost. Can get a 2nd hand part for $2k but even that just blows me away. If the robot is actually the actuator...can I service it myself - I'm pretty handy with autos and do most work myself but the modern electronics have got me stuffed. I've been told you cant fix them but heck, there has to be a way

1 - 7 of 7 Posts