Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Anyone encountered this problem before??

2000` 156 Selespeed

When I press the + button at the steeringwheel to put in a higher gear, occasionally it changes down instead!!!! Very annoying, especially with someone looking at my Alfa in admiration :smoker:

Regards Skydt
Denmark

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Does it shift correctly using the gearstick and in City mode? If so, it must be a fault with the steering wheel buttons. If it's still mis-shifting then it could be an actuator fault.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No problems when using the stick, changes as it is supposed to, no problems in city, everything is as it is should to be! Apart from the fact that every now and again, it changes down instead of up, when pressing the +/up-change button!
Could it be the steeringwheel link, I dont know what you english guys call it, the electrical connection between the steering column and the steering wheel, that has a minor short-circuit, I cant be the first one to experience this?????

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
That's good news, a switch problem should be much easier to fix than the actuator. It could be the clockspring (that's the word you were looking for) but I would trace the fault with a multimeter before throwing new parts at the problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took the clockspring from my old Selespeed, that didn't help!! But as time has passed, it turns out to be a rash of Alfatitis B-) It has gone away, for now!!! :-/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts