Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I want to inform you, cuz i bought my 99 alfa 156 selespeed with faulty hydraulics pump, and dealer said it needs replacement . It's ~400 euros, but i found somewhere in the forum that that prob may be caused by weared carbon brushes in electrical motor.
And that was true, when i got selespeed light on i stopped the car shut down the engine, opened lid, and with drivers door opened cnocked with wheels key hydraulics pump....and it started to rotate:)...so you know thats problem somewhere with electrical contact between carbon brushes and motor.
SO!...I bought car to the dealer, and luckily there works my old mate. I described him about my prob. and asked if they can change brushes...answer was positive...and after good 5 hours i drove my bella again...2 months with her and no probs after repair. God bless forums like that and some brain in my head to sit here for some 20 hours to read all posts bout selespeed...
Thats true peepz...dont waste your cash...check forum and you save your money...MY COMPLETE BILL WAS 76.20 euros so i saved about 320...and brushes from AUDI 100(c4) saloon ventilator fits exactly!!!
Thats my information...
AND: MAYBE SOMEONE KNOWS WHEN SELESPEEDS WAS RECALLED? I KNOW WHAT MY CAR HAVE HAD ACTUATOR REPLACED AT 2000.07(IS THIS GOOD?), AND SAME PUMP AT 2000.11...somebody knows that?

Thanx.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts