Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have confirmed that my selespeed pump brushes are worn. I have also readon here that Audis use a brush of the same size. Can anyone advisemewhat I need to ask for? I read somewhere that the Audi 100 blower brushes are the same, butit appears these are no longer supported!

Somewhere else, I read the Audi windscreen motor but no mention of the model
If anyone has the actual part to ask for, or even better, a part number, please can you let me know. Really dont want to have to buy a new motor if I can help it!

If anyone is interested, the physical dimensions are 7.25mm x 7.25mm (no sure of the length, but would guess about 13mm)

Thanks for the previous help....hope the members can come through again.

Cheers

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
I use the Audi windsceen wiper brushes (doesn't matter which model Audi) and file them to fit with the old brushes as a reference.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for this. Managed to source a set of brushes, but it looks like motor may be dead. Every timeI try it,unit starts and runs forabout 5 seconds, cuts out then restarts shortly afterwards (I know this is normal), but after about the third start, solder on brushes gets too hot and melts!

Does anyone know what the winding resistance should be? Apart from this, all seems okay.

Cheers
Darren

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
there must be a short in the windings !! impossible to fix...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts