Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

This is my first post!! :)

A month ago i bought my first Alfa, 156 selespeed. I think the car is brilliant to drive but i have started having problems with the gear box in particular 4th gear. When i changed from 3rd to 4th and from 5th to 4th it was make a loud noise. Took it back to the garage where i got it from (cowboys).
They told me that the 4th gear would need to be replaced. 3 weeks later it still wasn't fixed and they told me that they were replacing the full box and would take a further week.
Well finally i got it back and it was driving like a dream until i was driving onto the motorway tried changing into 4th gear. It went in but as soon as it went over 3,000 revs it popped out and i had no power in 4th and had to make a quick change to 5th. What didn't help is that i almost lost the back of the car to a lorry!!

Does anyone have any ideas what this problem could be? I have asked the garage but they don't seem to know.

Thanks for taking the time to read my essay!!

Regards

Alfie!:D

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Hello Alfie :) Sorry, I can't help you on the selespeed, but I'm sure someone on here will do.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hi and welcome !! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts