Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my selespeed warning light is flashing when it stops the car starts fine flashes again wont let me select gear when light stops flashing drives fine no jumping gears etc this seems to have been a problem just after having a new battery fitted dont know if this has any thing to do with it.checked the fuid leval fine,car does not go through the initial set up when drivers door opened unit makes a noise but takes a couple of mins to go through initial start up then warning lights go out everyting is all alfantastic again.any help out there...

·
Registered
30,017 Posts
Probably the Selespeed pump on the way out.
But check the 50A relay first.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the cars done 55kmiles..it seems it could be electrical ,will be checking the relay tommorow, i say this because as soon as the pump primes everything is fine i also had a new battery fitted it may not be up to the job ill check this too.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
the brushes within the pump could be worn out too.

but as David said swap relays, its one of the red relays [ on the any selespeed i've looked at ]

each base has its own colour

on my own manual TS:

black = air con
white = low speed fan
red = fuel
brown =??

·
Registered
30,017 Posts
...its one of the red relays [ on the any selespeed i've looked at ]

each base has its own colour

on my own manual TS:

black = air con
white = low speed fan
red = fuel
brown =??
Only the small 30A relays on mine have different colour bases.
On mine the 30A relays are red and the 50A (which is what we should be looking at) are black.
I replaced them all a couple of years ago and they were the same colour before & after (50A = black, 30A = red).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts