Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed the EV recently and i dont think there is enough oil in the system now i would like to know if the reason the selespeed pump is not firing up when opening the door and that i am unable to get the system to work properly is because of this, i am going to get some oil Tuesday and change the oil in the system, can anyone tell me if it should work after this please.

thanks all

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so help needed now please! changed the oil and opened the door, pump makes its usual noise but for a bit longer than normal, and it took the fluid from the resevoir so next step is to put more in and let it take it again when it primes? YES?

Now i'm getting the selespeed system failure warning and no priming of the pump/system when opening the door.

Grrrrrr!! can anyone please tell me why this is happening please

many thanks
Steve

·
Registered
30,162 Posts
Turn the ignition on.

There is a limit on the number of times the pump will run when the door is opened if you haven't turned the ignition on.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have tried it David and still nothing, just left the car for an hour to see if that would help but still nothing?

Any advice is most welcome please

thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have read almost all the threads relating to selespeed problems and oil change on here(fried brain now) and not one mentions the pump not priming, raaaah!!!

an insight as follows- Changed the evo lost some oil, tried the car and it went 1st 2nd reverse, then felt like it had no clutch!! Left car for 2 weeks,(Holiday) got some oil today took out the old filled the reservoir with new golden oil, opened door motor primes as usual but for a bit longer, takes the oil, turn off engine fill again, now no priming of pump to take the oil in to the system, and all i am getting is selespeed system failure notice on the dash, i assume this will happen until the system as enough oil in it? then all will be ok No?

Any idea what i have done wrong?

Thanks Steve

·
Registered
30,162 Posts
I expect you have the warning because there is no pressure due to the pump not running...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's my thinking too David, tried it again this morning before work and still no priming on door opening, however there was some sound when i turned the ignition key so i will have a look tonight see if the oil level as gone down, if not do you think i may have an airlock in the system?

thanks again:)

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
how old is the pump i.e. how many miles in your car ? those pumps prime many many times during their lifetime,
usually the brushes will wear out when the car has done 100k ++, brushes from an Audi wiper motor will fit after some filing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The pump it is a fairly new one as it was replaced about 3 yrs ago, car as only 85k on it. I just want the pump to prime up, it did after oil change but then nothing, gonna have a look tonight hopefully.

any more help is welcome guys

thanks

·
Registered
30,162 Posts
Have you checked the pump relay?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have looked at the car this morning and the only thing i can see that looks to be not right is the clutch rod, it is sticking fully out and i cannot get it back in, i can see the screw part that as to be 28.5mm and also the brass looking rod that the screw adjuster goes into, If anyone knows how i can get this back in i would be grateful for the information and help, i checked the bleeding screw and the oil is fine.

Cheers all

Steve

D

·
0 Posts
You really need to use FES or Alfadiag that way you can operate actuators etc to see if they work check system pressure etc.

It will allow you to adjust the clutch rod too 19mm and 10mm spanners required - theres an old thread by Smaky somewhere on here with a guide

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Hopefully !?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts