Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Could someone please help!
I have just purchased a 2003 147 selespeed 2.0ts. I am having problems with 1st and reverse gear juddering badly the rest of the gears work fine. This happens with a hot or cold engine I can hear the pump running for approx ten seconds when I open the door and then again at regular intervals
Would replacing the seals on the ev valves cure this ?
Thanks paul

G

·
0 Posts
It must be the weather for it everyone is having sele probs at the mo try searchin the threads theres been loads of discussion last week or two good luck.
Have you got the software to do a system check.
have you checked all the electrical connections
also fuses and related relays and check fluid levels and check for leaks These seem to be most of the common faults if the pump is priming after that you really need the software to do a system check :thumbs:

G

·
0 Posts
If you find the threads/post from rarebare he seems to be the one on here with the sele know how .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It surely must be whatever controls 1st and reverse gear as all other gears are ok
I don't have any diagnostic gear so is there anything I could try with basic tools
Thanks

G

·
0 Posts
I really don't know but apart from the basics you need to be able to check the system for things like pressure readings and clutch activator rod settings and travel distance settings and the only other thing is the switches but you would need to ask someone else who knows them better than me for that sorry. they can be really complicated.
Try and ask in your club area bit if anyone can help with diagnostics:thumbs:
Sure I've seen a couple of regulars on here from Durham put a shout out for help in Durham see what happens

·
Registered
376 Posts
Get diagnostics first and calibrate, but it won't tell you if you need a new clutch, and you probably do.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to update
I have had the car on a mates snap on diagnostics and it has come up with the following codes
P0725 engine speed signal
P1743 clutch sensor circuit
P1742 selection sensor circuit
Please could someone tell me if any of the above could be the cause of the juddering in 1st and reverse gear . And if so what parts do I require to repair
Many thanks paul

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Have you cleared the faults? Do they come back again when you drive it? Did he have the snap-on selespeed module?

If the fault codes are genuine you'll have to do some more research. But I would check clutch rod length then do clutch bite point calibration. If still bad then suggest the clutch is worn out.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
It must be the weather for it everyone is having sele probs at the mo
No, its not the weather - Sillyspeeds give problems ALL the time lol

Think youre getting known issues, search forum for more details, or give Autolusso a call (01202 861699), theyre always supplying parts for Sillyspeeds with problems.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it is fixed yipeeeeeee

The problem was the actuator that controls the clutch arm it wasnt engaging fully
and the clutch arm was just bouncing back and forth causing the low gear judderss
I fitted a throttle position sensor from a pug 106 (£7 from ebay)
They are exactly the same as the original partand are readly available from breaker yards etc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts