Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Selespeed issue

471 22
Hello everyone,

I'm Nicolas from France and I joined the club of selespeed victims... I can't find any solution, or idea, in french communities so I'm trying here.

Here's the issue :
I have a GT selespeed from 2007. I had to replace the accumulator a year ago as I could only use 1st & 2nd gear. Everything was going well and after a while I had some other issues. After a few gear changes, pressure was dropping and the pump didn't start to get it right. I broke the bleeding screw trying to tight it up too strong, so the car didn't move for like 3 weeks. I replaced that screw and now I can't start the engine.

I checked with MES and the problem is the pressure that remains at 0.0000... the pump keeps running with no result. Then I replaced the pump but the problem isn't solved at all. Still 0 pressure in the actuator. And it's not the pressure sensor as when I unscrew the bleeding screw I have obviously no pressure (plus the oil level in the tank is not really going down).

It's like the entire circuit is always open and I don't understand why.

Pump relay is new, brake sensor is new. There's no air in the system.

Thank you if you have any lead. I hope it's all clear.
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
That's exactly what is happening. I can't see if there are any microscopic metal debris or if something is damaged in that bleeding hole, but obviously the screw is not sealing the circuit properly. From outside, it looks like it is, but inside I don't know. And as it's shown on the 3D model for the hydraulic circuit, if the screw doesn't seal the circuit the accumulator is bypassed and there cannot be any pressure in the actuator.

·
Registered
240 Posts
If the screw wasn't sealing properly and the system was being sufficiently pressurised the oil would escape through it. I don't believe a poor seal on its own stop the system from pressurising.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I’ve another suggestion, clean the tip of your bleed screw and apply black marker pen. When it’s dry, screw into the position, tighten gently then remove immediately. The black ink should be “smeared” away to silver metal by the pressure of contact.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts