Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after a short journey today and noticing that i instinctively used my left foot to brake every time i had to slow or stop i wondered... how many others do this?

i know its not 'the norm' to brake with your left foot but i see it as a natural progression when going to a semi-auto... why use one foot to do two things when you can have a foot per pedal!

so, whats everyones views on left footed braking? yay or nay?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Well TBH im left foot braking on purpose and have got used to it now,well im not smacking my head on the windscreen anymore!!!LOL
My view on it is it sounds cool to say you left foot brake hehehehe

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
I hear most racing drivers like left foot braking,

Watching some of the rally drivers with the camera focused on the feet doing the left foot braking is very impressive and amazing to watch, tis kool

·
Banned
1,680 Posts
the reason why LFB is used in racing (of all kinds) is it gives the driver more control over weight ditibution and "loading" to prepare the vehicle for the corner or position change whilst carefully balancing it with throttle input.

If you watch F1 on itv they have that graphic which shows throttle and brake usage, yo'll notice that pretty much all of the drivers use LFB but, strangely, the one that used it more prolificly and advantageously was Mr Schu. And he's a god. :cool:

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
the reason why LFB is used in racing (of all kinds) is it gives the driver more control over weight ditibution and "loading" to prepare the vehicle for the corner or position change whilst carefully balancing it with throttle input.

If you watch F1 on itv they have that graphic which shows throttle and brake usage, yo'll notice that pretty much all of the drivers use LFB but, strangely, the one that used it more prolificly and advantageously was Mr Schu. And he's a god. :cool:
Agreed, I also think its kool seeing Jason Plato (i think it was him) controlling the throttle and brake at the same time with his right foot blipping the throttle when gear changing, 'don't try this at home'

1 - 7 of 7 Posts