Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi can anyone advise me on my 147 selespeed......runs fine while cold but as car warms up i lose gears....car goes into 1st 2nd then 5th then down straight to n somtimes it will find 1st again otherwise its straight to 5th.......please help as i think my wife is going to kill me if i have any more troubles with my pride and joy
thanks martin

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Any fault lights coming on, or flashing of the the gear selection indicator?

Like a manual, 5th is where 3rd is, just over a bit (or up in the case of the selector rod). Think I'd start with a recal procedure, which, as luck would have it, I've got on my clipboard :D

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa...peed-clutch-rod-adjustment-with-alfadiag.html

You'll need AlfaDiag and a diag lead to do this, of course. If you've not already got it, it's invaluable for Sele ownership!

The temperature thing might be indicative of one of the range sensors going wonky. You can try swapping them around on the actuator to see what happens...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi just found out the problem only happens on short start stop journeys when stuck in traffic!!! just done a 300mile round trip with no probs!!! any idea?? new battery fiited last monday and was clear on computer at autolusso.....seems when in traffics it can't find 3rd

1 - 4 of 4 Posts