Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Can anyone tell me why i get selespeed failure only when i reverse my car and never any other time.
When the warning comes on i just put in back into manual mode and carry on and all is fine.
i am not worried just puzzled as to why.
Cheers everyone

·
Registered
910 Posts
I don't wish to be negative , and know it's something you don't want to here and will not solve you silly speed problems but why do people buy these alfas when I was looking for a 156 a mate of mine offerd me his car at a very good price it was mint and had been very well looked after but I couldn't take the risk!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After a few seconds it comes up but not all the time fluids are all topped up. It does it most when going from forward to reverse ie parking.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeh i do cum to a stand still it does it some times from getting in the car and reversing off my drive. but not all the time.
Like i said its just one of these's thing that dont worrie you just bug you lol.
But i must say for the record in one year i own 9 cars and have owned poss nearly every make of car, and yes it does my wifes head in changing my cars and have never own the same car for more than 8 months, apart from this alfa and would not change it for any other car.
This car as ever let me down or broke down.
like they say if you get a good one they are brill and this is a good one.....

·
Registered
315 Posts
I don't wish to be negative , and know it's something you don't want to here and will not solve you silly speed problems but why do people buy these alfas when I was looking for a 156 a mate of mine offerd me his car at a very good price it was mint and had been very well looked after but I couldn't take the risk!
Thats pretty negative:cheese:
This is why people buy Selespeeds
=Dunc2047 Yeh i do cum to a stand still it does it some times from getting in the car and reversing off my drive. but not all the time.
Like i said its just one of these's thing that dont worrie you just bug you lol.
But i must say for the record in one year i own 9 cars and have owned poss nearly every make of car, and yes it does my wifes head in changing my cars and have never own the same car for more than 8 months, apart from this alfa and would not change it for any other car.
This car as ever let me down or broke down.
like they say if you get a good one they are brill and this is a good one.....:thumbs:

·
Registered
916 Posts
This can happen if the gearlever assembly becomes worn or sticky; does the lever spring back to its "neutral" position after requesting reverse? If the lever is held in any of its possible 3 positions for more than a few seconds, this will cause the error message, as the system thinks there's something wrong with the lever switches.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheers everyone hoping to have a good look around on sunday hope its just somthing silly, not drivin it for a few days because of work but if i remember i think it does take its time to come back to the neutral position.

Well its nearly the weekend and ive got a full take of fuel so gonna give it a good blast the weekend lol....

These car's give you so much joy

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
This can happen if the gearlever assembly becomes worn or sticky; does the lever spring back to its "neutral" position after requesting reverse? If the lever is held in any of its possible 3 positions for more than a few seconds, this will cause the error message, as the system thinks there's something wrong with the lever switches.
That's what I was thinking when I said 'sticky microswitch'. :lol:

U

·
0 Posts
i have similar problem, my alfa 156 runs smooth on other gears, but while reversing, i would reverse, but feels like no power, even you fully accelerate..
It would never reverse if you are tryin to do so even in a light slope upwards. can anyone help with these..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts