Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this is my first post,I have been greatly helped in the past just by reading these pages so thanks one and all for your knowledge and experience.
I recently purchased an 05 2.0L JTS GT in non running condition. The issue is the Selespeed and it has 3 codes.
I need to find the location of the Selespeed ecu in order to check the wiring to the sensors which appears to be the issue. I was thinking it was mounted above the Selespeed pump but there seems to be too many wires to be the right one after looking at ECU pin outs on Selespeed.org
Any GT experts out there to lead me in the right direction?

·
Registered
30,222 Posts
On the 156 the Selespeed ECU is in the passenger footwell, on the bulkhead behind a plastic cover.
May be the same on the 147/GT.
There are many sensors on the actuator itself and there is a big connector leading to that. That big connector is beside the battery between battery & engine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Selespeed ECU location

Thanks for your prompt reply David. I will try looking there tomorrow as we are in the midst of an extreme weather event here at present ( East Coast Australia) I have already checked at the Selespeed connector on the side of the battery carrier thanks, I think my problem is on the ECU side of that connector and am not relishing the thought of dismembering the car to find it as apart from the Selespeed this seems to be a totally unmolested vehicle.
Cheers

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ok, this is my first post,I have been greatly helped in the past just by reading these pages so thanks one and all for your knowledge and experience.
I recently purchased an 05 2.0L JTS GT in non running condition. The issue is the Selespeed and it has 3 codes.
I need to find the location of the Selespeed ecu in order to check the wiring to the sensors which appears to be the issue. I was thinking it was mounted above the Selespeed pump but there seems to be too many wires to be the right one after looking at ECU pin outs on Selespeed.org
Any GT experts out there to lead me in the right direction?
What codes do you have

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
P/S footwell in our 2.0 l Sele'

Ours was floating free, and needed a firm fix iirc. :): ( Well that was back in 2006? ;) )

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks JWQ

Sunpliz, my codes are P1741, P1743 and P1748 from memory. They all indicate a high reading or short to battery. Reference to a wiring diagram in Selespeed.org shows the ground side of the 3 sensors involved with these codes commoned together so the theory is that this ground connection has been lost leaving the sensor output reading the +5v on the other side of the sensors.
Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts